LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ally Android My settings are at 444 kb. 5 MB does seem high but I also just did a FR after upgrading ...

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    My settings are at 444 kb. 5 MB does seem high but I also just did a FR after upgrading and don't have everything configured yet.

My Angry Birds is only 1.98 MB.

Ya mine is 2.13MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    Ya mine is 2.13MB.

Duh. Our Angry Birds are saved on our SD card.

nicolett80 - You may want to take it to a VZ store. I've actually seen a few stories & knew one person who's batteries were bad on their phones. The one person I knew said her phone would get hot sometimes, even though, she barely used it. Her battery life was terrible & never lasted more than a day. She took it in & told them this. They did a few things to her phone, but it never seemed to improve much. They finally just said the battery was bad & gave her a new one. The new phone was a HUGE improvement over the old one & she's not had any issues since. Just a thought. Not sure if that could be the cause or not, but it has happened before with the Ally's.

Quote Originally Posted by loveally View Post
    nicolett80 - You may want to take it to a VZ store. I've actually seen a few stories & knew one person who's batteries were bad on their phones. The one person I knew said her phone would get hot sometimes, even though, she barely used it. Her battery life was terrible & never lasted more than a day. She took it in & told them this. They did a few things to her phone, but it never seemed to improve much. They finally just said the battery was bad & gave her a new one. The new phone was a HUGE improvement over the old one & she's not had any issues since. Just a thought. Not sure if that could be the cause or not, but it has happened before with the Ally's.

Thanks loveally, I think I should probably do that. Because, my husband has an Ally too & we got our phones on the same day. His battery lasts for a day & a half before needing to be charged. And he uses his phone much more than I do & also has lots more apps. My phone, on the other hand, does not last for even a half of a day usually. I get maybe 4 to 5 hours out of it at a time. That's with minimal use. If I don't touch it it may last a couple hours longer than that.

I am convinced that either I have the 50% bug & it is killing my battery or I got a phone with a bad battery. Either way, I think that Verizon should fix it for me. I called them before for another issue & asked why my battery life was so horrible & the rep told me because it is an Android phone and that's just how it is. I have a feeling they are gonna do a factory reset to my phone when I take it in to a store because it seems as if that is their answer to every problem we have with this phone. Well, I have already done that before & it did not help one bit. That's why I was hoping the 2.2 update would fix my battery issues.

Factory reset does seem to be the answer to a lot of things with this phone. I may even try that ahead of time. Don't add any apps. Just keep it all factory install. See what it does for a day & if it does the same thing it has been doing, go in & show them. Tell them you've done the factory reset & have added no additional apps or features to it. Hopefully, then they'll believe you & do something. Sometimes just insisting that you've done the research & tried everything you can think of with no new results, is enough to get them to listen. Also, tell them about your husband's phone & how it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Yeah… for most people that would work but I spent 7 hours over 2 days following the instructions to a tee with no results. It wasn't until I accidently turned off debugging (after the software checked my phone connection) that I was able to get anything to happen.

What debugging did you turn off? PC? where?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by regraham View Post
    What debugging did you turn off? PC? where?

Thank you.

The debugging setting on the Ally. If you follow the directions it tells you to unmount and remove the SD Card then turn on debugging for the LG Ally. This allows the software to connect to the phone and update the phone's OS. But in my case it always got hang on downloading. When I unchecked debugging, the downloading started. When the downloading got to 95%, it told me to reconnect the phone which I did by checking debugging again.

Debugging is located under Settings -> Applications -> Development.
    Motorola Droid 4

Got my OTA 2.2 update about an hour ago. Its ok. Lol. I expected more I guess.

I was able to move 4 of 6 apps that I installed on my phone. My internal phone space is now at 64 MB. I have a couple games on my phone, Angry Birds & Papaya Farm, and they are running super fast and super smooth. A huge improvement over how they used to run. I am happy about that. Bad thing, after I moved Angry Birds to my SD card, I went in the game & all my process was gone. It started me over as if I just installed the game for the first time.

As far as battery, I will give it a day or two & see what happens. Fingers crossed.

adobe flash anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by J0Y View Post
    adobe flash anyone?

I couldn't get it to install. Someone else got a version installed but the browser kept freezing so I would say that unless Adobe optimizes Flash for our phone/CPU we have no flash support.

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links