LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Kevin I went to the Verizon store locally last night, and the rep was quite sure that the Ally wasn't going to ...

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I went to the Verizon store locally last night, and the rep was quite sure that the Ally wasn't going to get the 2.2 upgrade. The VZW kyosk guy at the mall said it would be here in a couple months. I don't think anyone really has a clue... I think what bothers me the most is that the Ally was JUST released, and they knew 2.2 was in the works. As much as I love the phone, had I known that a new os version was due, and whether or not the Ally would be able to receive the entire upgrade (if any of it) was questionable at best, I'd have been fine waiting a couple more months to decide on a phone. Of course, the VZW reps didn't give a damn when I told them that.

I think you're correct in your assessment that no one has a clue. This seems to always be the case. It's like the endless rumors about the Verizon iPhone, always talk, always chatter on the internet, but no one really knows. My only hope is that they're not doing this to us in an attempt at placating us. Tell us definitively whether we will get it or not. If we have an absolute answer, we'll wait.

Anyway, I loved Quisp cereal growing up. They don't make it anymore, do they?

A little off topic, but: They actually brought Quisp back a few years ago but it's only available in several states (mine is not one of them) or you can buy it on line. Shipping is ridiculous so I've held off until I go visit Colorado or someplace that carries it!

Oh - and the first VZW rep I asked at the Kyosk said, "Froyo???"

just my 2 cents, but i talked to a rep from lg and he said that the ally was upgradable and should definitely get the new 2.2 but said by the end of the year.

Thanks Kyle. Folks don't miss posting #24, just above.

And Quisp,...err..Kevin....you think Quisp is hard to find,...I'm still looking for the new "Wildly Cherry" M&Ms. Nobody around here has 'em.

The new coconut M&Ms are just now showing up on shelves... ..but we have the pretzel M&Ms already.

I hear ya about the shipping, unless you buy a lot of 'em........the shipping cost as much (or more) as the M&Ms.

Android 2.2......M&Ms,....like BMB said....let's just have fun til they get here

it will be out at the end of the year just my 2 cents i had a few android phones and i email d lg and they don't know yet it being worked on but no date its going to be a coupe of months i bet they just started working on it a month back. when i had my eris everyone was making up dates. but when i found out the date and put it up on the fourms no one beveled me the a day later vz came out and gave the same date for the update i gave everyone. you can tell who makes up date and who don't.

Ahh, M&M Pretzels. I had to quit eating them. They are way too addictive.
    Motorola Droid 4

Dark choc. m&m's are the best.

If the Ally gets an upgrade to Froyo, I'm betting it isn't the full deal - It would be nice to tether wirelessly and a speed increase would be good too.

Did you guys notice 2.2 should have an option to disable data access over the network?

Have you noticed, they're not called "plain" M&Ms now? Now it's "milk chocolate" M&Ms.

I saw Strawberried Pretzel M&Ms yesterday. Wonder how those are?

Verizon is pushing out 2.2 to Incredibles now, so maybe the Allys will be coming soon too.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links