LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; The icons by the app launcher is kind of the signature of 2.2. First thing you notice when looking at a phone with 2.2 Could ...

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

The icons by the app launcher is kind of the signature of 2.2. First thing you notice when looking at a phone with 2.2

Could always switch to LG or Launcher Pro or another theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    The icons by the app launcher is kind of the signature of 2.2. First thing you notice when looking at a phone with 2.2

Could always switch to LG or Launcher Pro or another theme.

Same with mine, also the google calendar synch is completly different, much smaller and it doesnt show the current date and upcoming events as the old one

I got my update the other day. Since I had the update, I've had numerous crashes, force closes, and other issues. I'm reluctant to Factory Reset my phone because of all I have on there. I was hoping this update would be an improvement, but it seems like it's only made things worse. I have more trouble with bad battery life and the batteries overheating too. Hope other people are having a better time than I am.

Well... Got the Froyo update late Friday night. Haven't had a chance to play with the Bluetooth yet to see if I can voice dial.

But... I noticed this morning, as I plugged my phone into my charger at work, the phone doesn't charge from my USB cable anymore! The red light comes up showing that it IS connected, but the charging indicator icon isn't showing that it's charging, nor does the phone register that it's charging at the unlock screen. Wtf?

From the LG Forum: http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/...2-dot-2-update

my calendar widget is gone, any ideas if there is a software problem or do I need to find a new calendar to download?

Quote Originally Posted by cweb69 View Post
    got notification of the update, hit install now and nothing happened. then after a few seconds, it went away. now phone says it is up to date, but still on 2.1.1...what gives???

Consider yourself lucky I would pay money to get rid of froyo!

Quote Originally Posted by nach01 View Post
    Same with mine, also the google calendar synch is completly different, much smaller and it doesnt show the current date and upcoming events as the old one

Yea, I am not liking the change to the Google Calendar. Before the update, it would show you, with little colored lines, that you had events scheduled for each individual day. Now, on mine it only shows those little colored lines on days that I have a re-occuring event. Like the ones I have set to go off every Monday or every year. All the individual events I have set for different days is not showing. The only way now that I can remember that I had events set on a specific day is by having to just click on each day and reading the agenda. I don't like that.

The alarm still works for the scheduled events though thank goodness. But I wish they would make the Google Calendar go back to the way it was before the update.

Quote Originally Posted by nach01 View Post
    my calendar widget is gone, any ideas if there is a software problem or do I need to find a new calendar to download?

Mine was still there after the update.

Do you mean that it completely disappeared off your phone or do you mean it just disappeared off of the screen you had it on? Cuz if it just disappeared off the screen you had it on, just try hitting your menu key, then hit add, then hit Applications, then scroll down a little & you should see Calendar.

The Bluetooth Voice dial does work!

USB charging does still work off of my computer(s), just not the 3rd party AC/USB charging adapter.

My calender's dates are in bold when there is something happening on that day so I can still tell on mine.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links