This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by nicolett80 Got my OTA 2.2 update about an hour ago. Its ok. Lol. I expected more I guess. [b]"I was able to ...
the Two that you see my hand in is of the "new" menu, and they are the ones I like, but for some reason my phone changes back to the old style from time to time on its own, I swear, it has a mind of its own.... it rings when it wants to and sometimes will only ring for certain numbers yet I don't change anything, lol.
I thought I'd try Froyo for a few days and give my impressions:
1. The move to SD card was nice, I have more than double the space now.
2. It seems like my battery life is WAY WAY better when I'm not using my phone. It only goes down about 10% in 6 hours if I don't use it. My battery life seems way worse when I use it -- although I'm not positive. I've never been a heavy user, but now that I have space, I got a couple games for my kids, and they drain the battery in no time, about an hour.
3. My phone is way slower. It can now take 5 seconds or more for the screen to come back when I exit a program. It never used to take more than a second or two. But that seems to be the only real area where it affects me. The touch screen still responds normally.
4. I have had no other problems of the type many people on here are complaining about. I feel lucky about that. All my apps still work, my phone still works, all the programs that I use still seem to be behaving normally.
5. I really really want to get rid of the crapware. If Verizon doesn't fix that, my next phone will be with a different company.
I just notice the past 2 days that I have found occassions where my phone get locked up when I am on a phone...Can't hang up via virtual end or physical end button. Even putting the phone Airplane mode couldn't hang up the conversion.
The only choice I had was reboot the phone - very frustrating.
After my phone updated to 2.2 every time I turned the phone off then on again my screen would go from LG to Android, then another off/on Android to LG. I went to Themes and both LG and Android were checked, this had to have happened during the upgrade, I unchecked the theme I didn't want and all is now OK.
I had a lot of issues with Navigation after upgrade to 2.2, after many shut downs and restarts and removing the icon from my screen it finally would work, but only after I had to download a voice for navigation. I never had to do any of that with 2.1.
Phone does run much faster than before.
Overall I'm happy with 2.2, so far!
Interesting, from a programming viewpoint, it shouldn't be possible for more than one radio button to be checked at the same time. Unlike the checkbox which you can select multiple options, a radio button should be one checked and all others unchecked. There must be a bug in the theme software (something like a semi colon out of place) that only causes this issue occassionally. It is no wonder your phone kept switching, the OS had to flip a coin to decide which option to use.
Motorola Droid 4