LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by nicolett80 Got my OTA 2.2 update about an hour ago. Its ok. Lol. I expected more I guess. [b]"I was able to ...

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    Got my OTA 2.2 update about an hour ago. Its ok. Lol. I expected more I guess.

[b]"I was able to move 4 of 6 apps that I installed on my phone". My internal phone space is now at 64 MB. I have a couple games on my phone, Angry Birds & Papaya Farm, and they are running super fast and super smooth. A huge improvement over how they used to run. I am happy about that. Bad thing, after I moved Angry Birds to my SD card, I went in the game & all my process was gone. It started me over as if I just installed the game for the first time.

As far as battery, I will give it a day or two & see what happens. Fingers crossed.

How do I save to my SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by karenh View Post
    How do I save to my SD card?

Disregard the question. I found the solution on the Ally Android website.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Upload the photos. Not sure what your issue is but they might help.

here are 3 pic's, look at the bottom of the phone and you will see the two diff "menus",, the 3rd is of the app screen (the one I like instead of the old one)[attachment=42:menu1pic.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by tgstorm View Post
    here are 3 pic's, look at the bottom of the phone and you will see the two diff "menus",, the 3rd is of the app screen (the one I like instead of the old one)[attachment=42:menu1pic.jpg]

the Two that you see my hand in is of the "new" menu, and they are the ones I like, but for some reason my phone changes back to the old style from time to time on its own, I swear, it has a mind of its own.... it rings when it wants to and sometimes will only ring for certain numbers yet I don't change anything, lol.

I thought I'd try Froyo for a few days and give my impressions:

1. The move to SD card was nice, I have more than double the space now.

2. It seems like my battery life is WAY WAY better when I'm not using my phone. It only goes down about 10% in 6 hours if I don't use it. My battery life seems way worse when I use it -- although I'm not positive. I've never been a heavy user, but now that I have space, I got a couple games for my kids, and they drain the battery in no time, about an hour.

3. My phone is way slower. It can now take 5 seconds or more for the screen to come back when I exit a program. It never used to take more than a second or two. But that seems to be the only real area where it affects me. The touch screen still responds normally.

4. I have had no other problems of the type many people on here are complaining about. I feel lucky about that. All my apps still work, my phone still works, all the programs that I use still seem to be behaving normally.

5. I really really want to get rid of the crapware. If Verizon doesn't fix that, my next phone will be with a different company.

Quote Originally Posted by tgstorm View Post
    the Two that you see my hand in is of the "new" menu, and they are the ones I like, but for some reason my phone changes back to the old style from time to time on its own, I swear, it has a mind of its own.... it rings when it wants to and sometimes will only ring for certain numbers yet I don't change anything, lol.

OK, the one with your hand in it is the Android Home theme. The other one with the white quick launch bar is the LG Home theme. Just open the app called Themes, it should be in your apps drawer, and touch Android Home.
    Motorola Droid 4

I just notice the past 2 days that I have found occassions where my phone get locked up when I am on a phone...Can't hang up via virtual end or physical end button. Even putting the phone Airplane mode couldn't hang up the conversion.

The only choice I had was reboot the phone - very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by toluan View Post
    I just notice the past 2 days that I have found occassions where my phone get locked up when I am on a phone...Can't hang up via virtual end or physical end button. Even putting the phone Airplane mode couldn't hang up the conversion.

The only choice I had was reboot the phone - very frustrating.
    Same here, posted in Help under troubles with froyo, so far the only way I can fix it is restarting phone..

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    OK, the one with your hand in it is the Android Home theme. The other one with the white quick launch bar is the LG Home theme. Just open the app called Themes, it should be in your apps drawer, and touch Android Home.

After my phone updated to 2.2 every time I turned the phone off then on again my screen would go from LG to Android, then another off/on Android to LG. I went to Themes and both LG and Android were checked, this had to have happened during the upgrade, I unchecked the theme I didn't want and all is now OK.

I had a lot of issues with Navigation after upgrade to 2.2, after many shut downs and restarts and removing the icon from my screen it finally would work, but only after I had to download a voice for navigation. I never had to do any of that with 2.1.

Phone does run much faster than before.

Overall I'm happy with 2.2, so far!

Abe

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    After my phone updated to 2.2 every time I turned the phone off then on again my screen would go from LG to Android, then another off/on Android to LG. I went to Themes and both LG and Android were checked, this had to have happened during the upgrade, I unchecked the theme I didn't want and all is now OK.

Interesting, from a programming viewpoint, it shouldn't be possible for more than one radio button to be checked at the same time. Unlike the checkbox which you can select multiple options, a radio button should be one checked and all others unchecked. There must be a bug in the theme software (something like a semi colon out of place) that only causes this issue occassionally. It is no wonder your phone kept switching, the OS had to flip a coin to decide which option to use.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links