Micro SD cards

This is a discussion on Micro SD cards within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ally Android Valkerie is correct, the phone should have come with a 4GB pre-installed. At least if you bought it from Verizon ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micro SD cards

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Valkerie is correct, the phone should have come with a 4GB pre-installed. At least if you bought it from Verizon it should have. The max the phone will support is 16 GB so if you have to buy one don't go above that.

The one that came with my phone is a Micro SD HC Class 4. Speeds run 2, 4, 6, and 10. Anything above a Class 2 should work and allow HD video recording, although I am not sure if a Class 10 is compatable with the phone or not.

Now that we know we are getting Android 2.2, I plan on buying at least an 8 GB Class 4. I would get the 6 GB Class 10 but it is around and I don't want to buy it without knowing if it would work with the phone or not.

What?! Man...when I got this phone I took out the 4gb card and gave it to my son who then gave his 1gb to his sister and I used my 'old' 8gb in this one. I looked it up and I think it is only a class 2. It is a san disk microsd HC 8gb card. Is it possible that it is a class 4 card? Is there something on there that will let me know one way or the other? I guess we will be playing "musical cards" again. *sigh*

So i just got my Ally in the mail from verizon as my upgrade from my blackberry curve and it had a 4gb SD card in it. Well they are both the same size and i swaped them and none of my pictures, videos, music or anything transers over and it says it uses 0.2gb when i installed my old one. Anybody happen to know whats goin on?

Quote Originally Posted by bdizz07 View Post
    So i just got my Ally in the mail from verizon as my upgrade from my blackberry curve and it had a 4gb SD card in it. Well they are both the same size and i swaped them and none of my pictures, videos, music or anything transers over and it says it uses 0.2gb when i installed my old one. Anybody happen to know whats goin on?

The SD Card has to be formatted to work with Android. You would need to copy your files from your SD Card to your computer, format the SD Card, and then copy the files back to the SD Card.

Here are a couple of threads on SD Cards:

Help With SD Card

SD Folder Structure

Motorola Droid 4

did anyone try a 32gb card?

Not me, I can't afford one yet.
    Motorola Droid 4

I don't think I'd ever come close to needing a 32GB card in a phone.....but it would be kinda cool to have one.

I think a 16GB would be all you need, and last the life of the phone,...how do you feel? Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I don't think I'd ever come close to needing a 32GB card in a phone.....but it would be kinda cool to have one.

I think a 16GB would be all you need, and last the life of the phone,...how do you feel? Am I wrong?

It would be easy to fill any card with Music or Movies. Luckily we can stream. But still, IMO you'll need at least some music on there for when you cannot stream because of a lack of connection, like when riding the subways here in NYC. Unfortunately, I have to choose which albums I want before I know what I want to hear, so I try to store a few genres at a time. I feel 4GB is too small for when Apps can go to SD, too. But 16GB should suffice for the most part... if you don't mind swapping music in and out. I also would like to check out more games when we can store Apps on the SD; and the games I like are usually sizable. Still 16GB will do, I think. After these months of very little space for Apps 16GB will be like going from a shack to a castle!

def dont NEED 32 over 16 but if im buying one and it doesnt cost that much more it'd be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by amazinz5 View Post
    def dont NEED 32 over 16 but if im buying one and it doesnt cost that much more it'd be worth it

LOL, I can remember when Bill Gates said in 1981 that 640K memory should be enough for anybody.

My rule of thumb is to always get twice as much memory as I think I need and then I get the next larger size.
    Motorola Droid 4

We need angelfire123 to tell us how that 32GB card is working out!

(bump)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links