Micro SD cards

This is a discussion on Micro SD cards within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; This is my first smartphone and I went into the Verizon store today to see if they could transfer my pictures off of my enV ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro SD cards

This is my first smartphone and I went into the Verizon store today to see if they could transfer my pictures off of my enV touch to the Ally and they said i need an SD card.

So I was looking around online and there are quite a few different kinds. What kind do you have/recommend? I don't want to pay for one that will crap out on me in a few months.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    The Ally has a 4gb microSD pre-installed.

Valkerie is correct, the phone should have come with a 4GB pre-installed. At least if you bought it from Verizon it should have. The max the phone will support is 16 GB so if you have to buy one don't go above that.

The one that came with my phone is a Micro SD HC Class 4. Speeds run 2, 4, 6, and 10. Anything above a Class 2 should work and allow HD video recording, although I am not sure if a Class 10 is compatable with the phone or not.

Now that we know we are getting Android 2.2, I plan on buying at least an 8 GB Class 4. I would get the 6 GB Class 10 but it is around $94 and I don't want to buy it without knowing if it would work with the phone or not.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    The one that came with my phone is a Micro SD HC Class 4. Speeds run 2, 4, 6, and 10. Anything above a Class 2 should work and allow HD video recording, although I am not sure if a Class 10 is compatable with the phone or not.

Now that we know we are getting Android 2.2, I plan on buying at least an 8 GB Class 4. I would get the 6 GB Class 10 but it is around and I don't want to buy it without knowing if it would work with the phone or not.

I did not know there were different classes. I knew some read/write faster but different classes is neat yet not.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    I did not know there were different classes. I knew some read/write faster but different classes is neat yet not.

I believe that the class is the same as the speed for read/write. A class 2 has a slower read/write speed so it cannot handle HD videos.
    Motorola Droid 4

Yup, I feel like an idiot. lol. I never even looked in there because I just assumed I had to buy one. Thanks guys!!

Valkerie is correct, the phone should have come with a 4GB pre-installed. At least if you bought it from Verizon it should have. The max the phone will support is 16 GB so if you have to buy one don't go above that.

I was just checking out the users manual and on page 291 it says the max supported is 32GB.
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Quote Originally Posted by Venez68 View Post
    I was just checking out the users manual and on page 291 it says the max supported is 32GB.

Hmm, I never noticed that. On page 23 it says 16 GB. I wonder which one is correct.
    Motorola Droid 4

Hmm, I never noticed that. On page 23 it says 16 MB. I wonder which one is correct.

I wonder which one is correct too. Would make a big difference in which one I buy once we get Froyo.

I posted the question on LG's forum. Will let you know what they say.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links