GPS question

This is a discussion on GPS question within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Is there anyway to calibrate the GPS on Google Maps App? My location is so far off it's virtually useless. It shows me about 2 ...

Thread: GPS question

Is there anyway to calibrate the GPS on Google Maps App? My location is so far off it's virtually useless. It shows me about 2 miles from where I generally am located. On my Garmin it's within 200 feet or something like that. I switched over to wifi and connected to my home wireless to see if it was better and it was much closer, but that does me no good when I am out and about. Any help on if there is a way yo calibrate would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Oops wrong forum can a moderator please move this post to correct forum.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

You're OK Hawk,...thanks BMB.

Quick note all,...BMB is very helpful here, send him a thanks or leave one on his profile if you feel inclined. I have.

Thanks for the link. I did try it out while driving around after this post and it wasn't bad at all. Before that I was only using it in my living room while getting used to the phone while surrounded by every electronic device known to man . If that causes an issue that could definately play a roll in the error I was getting. But it's nice to have a reference to recalibrate it if it is really that off in the future.

I can confirm that it works. My Ally's GPS was a mile or two off. I did as the post said and right now the pointer is on top of my house right over the dining room where I'm sitting.

Thanks BMB

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawksfan19 View Post
    Before that I was only using it in my living room while getting used to the phone while surrounded by every electronic device known to man . If that causes an issue that could definately play a roll in the error I was getting.

The electronics probably had nothing to do with it, just being indoors. Even if you're in a room with plenty of windows, the GPS satellites can't see you as well. Any time I turn GPS on indoors my map can only come up with the large blue circle that places you within a few blocks, rather than pinpointing your location. Sometimes it can't even pinpoint me in my car until I drive for a few minutes.

LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links