To peel or not to peel

This is a discussion on To peel or not to peel within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by clintbradford Zagg's Invisible Shield screen protectors are the best protection available - period. I have then om my PDAs, phones, camera screens, ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To peel or not to peel

Quote Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
    Zagg's Invisible Shield screen protectors are the best protection available - period.

I have then om my PDAs, phones, camera screens, iPod touch, my wife's netbook - they are simply the best protection available.

Next would be the fine products from NuShield.

Neither Zagg nor NuShield are "bargain basement" as far as pricing goes. But I just scratched a Zagg screen protector - and it is covered with their LIFETIME warranty. A replacement is already being sent to me.

Clint Bradford

909-241-7666

I didn't like the severe orange peel on the Zagg protectors, and the Verizon ones only cover the screen, and not the rest of the front. Also be aware that most of the anti-glare/fingerprint resistive protectors degrade the image you see from the screen.

>> ... severe orange peel on the Zagg protectors ...

I have been sing Zagg products for about three years - and have absolutely no idea to what you refer. There's no "orange" tint or anything "orange" involved in the InvisibleShields.

>> ... and the Verizon ones only cover the screen, and not the rest of the front ...

Yes - they cover the screen. Hence the moniker, "screen protector." They are not keyboard protectors. Nor anything other than what they are advertised as.

>> ... Also be aware that most of the anti-glare/fingerprint resistive protectors degrade the image you see from the screen ...

I do not think you have ever personally experienced an InvisibleShield from Zagg - because if you had, you certainly would not have written most of your message - including this last "point."

Hi Clint, The orange peel Heff refers to is the texture of the thick vinyl Zagg protectors. Not a color or tint.

There is no such thing as a keyboard protector for the Ally. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

And I have seen glare resistent sheets that do degrade the optical clarity of the screen. Perhaps not Zaggs, but other brands. One example is the "mirror finish" protectors.

I have seen Zagg products, even held them in my hand, and they were good, high quality products. But, they are the most expensive on the market also. I can show you a dozen different screen protectors for the Ally that sell for less than the Zaggs.

Thank you. This info has given me the courage to remove the protector that came with the phone. I like the way it feels and I agree it looks a little sharper. I am very happy to have gotten rid of those tiny specs that I have no idea how they got UNDER the protector.

I think I might sew the ends of a microfiber cloth together to make a little pouch for my pocket. In a few weeks I will surely grow lackadaisical about what and how I shove things into my pocket.

Oh, and from my PSP days, to apply those protectors it helped me a lot to use a folded piece of cardboard to sort of iron it on as you lay it down. This keeps bubbles to a minimum. Also, humidity will keep dust down/away. Turn on a hot shower and let it run a little while with the door closed. Then apply the protector in the bathroom. Careful of fingerprints on the glass side though.

Qasar, your idea about little pouch is a good one. I have a thick, 3 X 4 inch fleece pouch I've used for years. It has a cord drawstring with a plastic lock that keeps it from opening, the fleece is kinda stretchy and is machine washable.

I mentioned it over here,... http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/896-ally-or-droid/

Posting #20.

Sorry, I should have added this link,... http://www.aerostich...leece-bags.html

Only thing is, you can't pick your color, you just get what they send. Made in America, and they don't cost much. I've been using the same one for years.

If you happen to ride a motorcycle, or are a person outdoors a lot, take a look around that site.

Qasar, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was emboldened enough to peel the protective film off his (or her) Ally. I'm not one of those people who is terribly hard on stuff, so it didn't take much to convince me to do it. As a matter of fact, all I had to do was hear "Gorilla Glass" and I was convinced.

Kudos to LG for incorporating what seems to be a premium-quality component in their entry-level Droid offering. I don't feel compelled to rush out and buy anything to re-cover my Ally's screen. Bare is beautiful! ;-)

I was also pleasantly surprised at what a difference in appearance -- and especially feel -- it made to get rid of the protective film. LG really put a fine display on the Ally, and in all its unprotected glory, it shines!

And since this thread seems to have wandered a bit from it's original focus, I don't feel too bad posting this here: Chuck Norris was going to roundhouse-kick a big-screen TV made with Gorilla Glass, but the TV, being concerned for Mr. Norris' safety, changed channels and started playing reruns of Walker: Texas Ranger. Chuck Norris and the TV lived happily ever after.

I still have the orignal on mine.

lol @ the chuck norris thing... is that legit?

So the ally screen is glass? God well that makes me nervous

Quote Originally Posted by angelfire123 View Post
    lol @ the chuck norris thing... is that legit?

So the ally screen is glass? God well that makes me nervous

Why would it make you nervous?
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links