To peel or not to peel

This is a discussion on To peel or not to peel within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Just my .02 cents, I peeled mine off two weeks ago. The glass is beautiful and smooth, no scratches yet, the images on the screen ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: To peel or not to peel

Just my .02 cents, I peeled mine off two weeks ago. The glass is beautiful and smooth, no scratches yet, the images on the screen look great. And you can actually feel how nice the glass is. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    Just my .02 cents, I peeled mine off two weeks ago. The glass is beautiful and smooth, no scratches yet, the images on the screen look great. And you can actually feel how nice the glass is. I love it.

I was amazed at how much better the glass feels than the plastic cover. I've been without now for several weeks (since about the time I learned the term "Gorilla Glass"), and still no scratches or marks. I generally carry my phone in my pocket, but not with my keys, and I've dropped it once. The case got a few dings, but the screen is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by John23ally View Post
    I was amazed at how much better the glass feels than the plastic cover. I've been without now for several weeks (since about the time I learned the term "Gorilla Glass"), and still no scratches or marks. I generally carry my phone in my pocket, but not with my keys, and I've dropped it once. The case got a few dings, but the screen is perfect.

I wear dress clothes every day, so I carry my phone in a nice leather Body Glove carrying case. I've always been very anal about my gadgets, cars, firearms, etc. Anything expensive or of quality, I take extremely good care of those things. Everything of value that I own is clean, neat, and well maintained. My wife says I'm compulsive. Me? I just think that I understand the value of possessions that I work hard for. I wipe down my Ally every day.

Glockman, I appreciate your fastidious approach and the reasons behind it. I'm probably very lax compared to you, but I do try to treat things that I buy as investments. You would not know that to look at my car, however. ;-)

My wife put a cheap protector we bought from some Internet cell phone shop on top of the factory "cover" - it made the sensitivity of the touch screen horrible. I said "do you always have to push so hard?" - once we removed her aftermarket cover, the feel was much more like mine, still with the stock cover. I don't think she realized there was a cover on it from LG.

Anyway - I am holding off on my factory LG cover until I HAVE to peel it off.

That's a good idea Sastanley,...here's a little more about this... http://www.lgallyfor...rs/page__st__20

Glock, I hear ya....wipe my display clean about >5 times a day.

I do too, Minty: I wipe it on my pants leg, I wipe it on my shirt, I wipe it with paper napkins. I'm not careless with my phone, but I'm trusting that the screen will be more than sturdy enough to endure life's everyday grind. Thus far, no scratches, no cracks, no errors. ;-)

i love that the touchscreen works better without it but it i have to wipe it off every time i use it. not sure how i feel about the bare screen.

Quote Originally Posted by John23ally View Post
    Qasar, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was emboldened enough to peel the protective film off his (or her) Ally. I'm not one of those people who is terribly hard on stuff, so it didn't take much to convince me to do it. As a matter of fact, all I had to do was hear "Gorilla Glass" and I was convinced.

Kudos to LG for incorporating what seems to be a premium-quality component in their entry-level Droid offering. I don't feel compelled to rush out and buy anything to re-cover my Ally's screen. Bare is beautiful! ;-)

I was also pleasantly surprised at what a difference in appearance -- and especially feel -- it made to get rid of the protective film. LG really put a fine display on the Ally, and in all its unprotected glory, it shines!

I left my film on until last week when I accidentally spiked the screen with a key. Left a few nicks in the screen protector, so I peeled it away, and the screen itself is fine. Not only that, but the screen feel and reactiveness has improved! And now that I know it's the good stuff, I'm not going to get a new cover for it.

Twitter
    @milkmac9
    I had an lg dare too
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Droid X2

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links