To peel or not to peel

This is a discussion on To peel or not to peel within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Thanks for starting this post, it's the only one I've been able to find so far that talks about the original screen film! I still ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: To peel or not to peel

Thanks for starting this post, it's the only one I've been able to find so far that talks about the original screen film!

I still have mine on, and I find that the screen is fairly un-responsive, especially the the areas above and below the display area (the pull-down area at the top, and the 'back arrow' and 'search' icons at the bottom). I sometimes have to press these areas multiple times to get them to activate. Has anyone else experienced this on their phones? For the people who have removed your original screen film, did this make you screen any more responsive?

This is a little off-topic, but when I tried the Ally in the store before buying, the screen on the demo model seemed un-responsive like this. When I initially got my phone, I was happy to find that the screen seemed to work perfectly. Unfortunately, I didn't use the phone much before I received the first OTA update, and ever since then, I feel my screen has become sluggish and un-responsive (just like the demo model). Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

I've been without a protector for months and the screen is perfect. The only problem I have with reponsiveness is really not a phone problem, but a user problem. When I try to swipe down the notification bar I don't reach hgh enough and instead of opening the notifications it will open my apps because I have zeam configured to open apps on a down swipe. Other than that, I have no issues.

I'm totally late to the party. But I definitely ripped EVERYTHING off the phone. I bought a screen protector pack and case from the Verizon store and am very content. Kind of not surprised since the last phone as a LG as well and it got quite the beating. My phone gets into contact with tons of different things since it's usually in a backpack, purse, car cubby hole, on a kitchen counter, in a back pocket, etc.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and realized I have had the original protector on THE WHOLE TIME. I just never realized it since there was no edge designed for the purpose of pulling it off. This means I've been using a phone with 2 screen protectors on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    I've been without a protector for months and the screen is perfect. The only problem I have with reponsiveness is really not a phone problem, but a user problem. When I try to swipe down the notification bar I don't reach hgh enough and instead of opening the notifications it will open my apps because I have zeam configured to open apps on a down swipe. Other than that, I have no issues.

Menu > Notifications

I finally had to peel the OEM screen protector this weekend.

This is a tough screen. I bounced the phone off a metal windowsill. There are indents on either side of the screen where the edge hit the body, but the screen came out unscathed.

Mine has been off for two months with no marks or scratches. Love that glass. My lg xenon looks like a dog got a hold of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jal7884 View Post
    Mine has been off for two months with no marks or scratches. Love that glass. My lg xenon looks like a dog got a hold of it.

I have a post somewhere where I couldn't find my Ally. My Beagle had stolen it and was using it as a chew toy. It survived her puppy teeth without a scratch.
    Motorola Droid 4

i might be one of the only ones not seeing the same great results but my screen protector inadvertently came off about 3 weeks ago (i was planning on keeping it on as long as possible).

i have a plastic cover for the phone and i have it in my pocket most of the day. the most i ever have in my pocket along with the phone aremy keys and that's not very often at that.

as i was cleaning the phone screen Monday, i noticed 2 nice scratches on the screen, they are not very large, but they are definitely scratches. i got my phone new in October of 2010, so at a guess, the newer ones might not have the same glass as the older ones possibly?

It is possible. Neither LG or Verizon claim that the phone has Gorrilla Glass.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links