gensoid and emulators

This is a discussion on gensoid and emulators within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hey I downloaded the gensoid emulator as well as the roms needed to play some games.. however, when I try to play any games it ...

Thread: gensoid and emulators

Hey I downloaded the gensoid emulator as well as the roms needed to play some games.. however, when I try to play any games it doesn't work. The game apparently starts and then kicks itself back to the original screen. I downloaded the full and free version. I've seen someone play the Roms before. If someone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll do some troubleshooting on Tuesday firsthand but do any error messages come up?

I tried a few emulators and was successful... until I would accidentally hit the Menu or Home buttons above the directional pad while playing. I'd get back to the game but the sound was very distorted and the game got laggy until I re-started the phone. I have since removed them until I have more patience, and/or the emulators and/or the Ally get updates.

I will definitely go back because before that the games looked and sounded just like I remember.

Please describe your process. I found some wanted to download and extract ROMs within the emulator App and others wanted the info unzipped already, regardless of what the directions stated.

I got time to try Gensoid again. It seems that when I downloaded ROMs through the Gensoid app and through the browser on the phone only 1/4 the file size was downloaded resulting in the flash back that you describe. Instead I downloaded ROMs with my computer and moved them to the SD Card. Now, games work fine except for the sound issue I posted above.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Haven't tried Gensoid but I messed with the Gameboy and SNES emulators. Both "worked", but the games played very slow, guess the Ally can't really keep up. Even a simple Gameboy game, the character movement was much slower compared to loading the game & emulator on my PC and playing it there. Donkey Kong for SNES seemed to work okay but I think the sound was choppy as well. I just don't think the Ally can handle much. I deleted the emulators and just stick to a few free games from the Market for when I'm bored.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

The only one I've tried was Gameboid (GBA) and it actually works fine - as long as you leave the virtual dpad onscreen, thereby shrinking the display a bit

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links