Trouble with call quality

This is a discussion on Trouble with call quality within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; im starting to experience trouble with my LG Ally and its call quality. my husband is in seattle and sometimes I cant hear him on ...

Thread: Trouble with call quality

im starting to experience trouble with my LG Ally and its call quality. my husband is in seattle and sometimes I cant hear him on the other end.. the phone rings but he cant hear me or its a busy signal. help please.. is this normal?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you updated your towers? What type of buildings are both of you in? Do you both perform battery pulls on a regular basis?

Updating the towers will optimise the signal which will improve call quality a lot.

Brick and heavy steel buildings eat a signal faster than a gang of teen girls on a half gallon of ice cream so that's another thing

Battery pulls clear the cashe on the phones (yes even smart phones need this done however its not as complete of a clean on a dumb phone it still helps)

But to answer if its normal... in a single word... no

Angelfire, your answer leaves me with two questions not directly related to the original question, since I'm not having a call-quality issue. BUT,

1) How do you "update towers"?

2) Is there another way to clear the cashe(s) short of pulling the battery? That seems like a difficult way to perform a task I would think would be considered necessary.

John, dial *228 from your phone and hit option 2 - that will update your roaming on the network.

The only way I have found to clear the caches is to go into settings, applications, manage applications, and click on each app. In the middle, it will say clear cache if there is any available space to be freed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links