Extended Battery

This is a discussion on Extended Battery within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Thanks Minty... I checked out the link you provided. Strange, but Verizon charged me 49.99 for the Extended Battery and wanted to charge me 20.00 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended Battery

Thanks Minty... I checked out the link you provided. Strange, but Verizon charged me 49.99 for the Extended Battery and wanted to charge me 20.00 for the back cover. Obviously its a lot higher then the prices they advertise on their website... so I decided to buy the items online instead of getting them in person. Based on all of the feedback people have been giving as well as your input, this estended battery is something that a heavy user will need. Unless they prefer using it while having the device attached to a charger all day.

Quote Originally Posted by joelh868 View Post
    Thanks Minty... I checked out the link you provided. Strange, but Verizon charged me 49.99 for the Extended Battery and wanted to charge me 20.00 for the back cover. Obviously its a lot higher then the prices they advertise on their website... so I decided to buy the items online instead of getting them in person. Based on all of the feedback people have been giving as well as your input, this estended battery is something that a heavy user will need. Unless they prefer using it while having the device attached to a charger all day.

Yep, for me the extended battery won't work because I use the Desktop Charger and the Navigation Mount. You can not use either if you have the extended battery.
    Motorola Droid 4

Sorry all, I should have mentioned that. You'll need to put the standard battery in to use the mount or dock. I use neither, so thanks for the reminder AA.

Good choice Joe, I usually order stuff online, you get the best price most of the time, and next day shipping is free.

Ok so here's the scoop... I've been using my extended battery for only 3 days now so I won't be able to give an accurate assessment about the battery's life. I will let everyone know how I find the battery to hold out within another week or so. But I have a huge dilema... we all know that the covers for our Ally come in two pieces that snap on. But once you get the extended battery, its going to be virtually impossible to protect your phone from falls or spills. Both Verizon and LG have failed to provide us with appropriate protection once the Ally has the extended battery installed. The best I could do is leave the front portion of otter box while leaving the back remains exposed and vulnerable to hits, falls or physical damage. Does anyone have any solutions other then just leaving our devices unprotected? Using a holster is not a solution btw... I'm looking for real protection after the shape of the phone has been altered because of the extended battery.

I have never seen any covers for the Ally with the extended battery.
    Motorola Droid 4

Many cases have elastic sides, it will fit in them usually. Might try test fitting a few, or just use a pouch of some sort.

I've used a fleece pouch with a drawstring for years, works great for me.

I don't use any snap-on type covers, for several reason including the one above.

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Could not be happier! I bought the extended battery and this is the third day of use. It seemed akward at first (it is thicker and weighs more) BUT I like it much more now,,, it is easier to hold and it even fits in the original case I got from verizon with the accesory pack, I was charging 2 to 3 times a day with the factory battery,,, now even with GPS and surfing the web all day I am struggling to get the batery level down to 10% on one charge a day... I believe with normal to heavy usage I will never have to charge my Ally more than once a day!!!! GOOD news!!! Bring on FroYo!!!

This is good to know TGO.. I have ALLY only for a few weeks and already frustrated on its battery life.. Where is a good place to get the extended battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    This is good to know TGO.. I have ALLY only for a few weeks and already frustrated on its battery life.. Where is a good place to get the extended battery?

Theres 2 on ebay, one comes with and on with out the needed cover.

http://goo.gl/K7ok

I got a better deal at the Verizon Online store since I get 20% off with my company. ($37 for the battery and door with free fedex overnight)

The way I bought my extended battery was by calling customer service (*611) from my mobile phone then ordering it through a sales rep. In total after taxes and fees and all that other crap I was charged 64.00. You have to buy the back cover for the extended battery seperate since it pops out more then a regular battery would. The cover is only 5 bucks tho...

Yep, don't forget to order the E L cover also...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links