Music thruogh standard bluetooth headset NOT stereo

This is a discussion on Music thruogh standard bluetooth headset NOT stereo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Sitting here listening to my music on my ally -- through the plain old voyager 520 mono headset Iv'e got... without stereo, without headphones. I ...

Thread: Music thruogh standard bluetooth headset NOT stereo

Sitting here listening to my music on my ally -- through the plain old voyager 520 mono headset Iv'e got... without stereo, without headphones.

I was told it's not possible without a stereo headset, but I think I found a loophole: if you're on a call, and the call's set to feed to bluetooth instead of speaker, then music'll feed there too.

Does anyone know of any app or root hack or anything else that'll allow that without having to be in a call? Or, for that matter, why it does work in-call?

Being able to listen to music through the headset was one thing i loved about the envTouch, and i really hope that there's a way to do it on the ally-- in 2.2 if nothing else.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am not sure what your trying to do here. So you want to listen to media player in mono on a headset?

I am not sure why you would want to do this but youd be much better off just buying a stereo headset.

Stereo audio over blue tooth is supported by the Ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse153 View Post
    I am not sure what your trying to do here. So you want to listen to media player in mono on a headset?

I am not sure why you would want to do this but youd be much better off just buying a stereo headset.

Stereo audio over blue tooth is supported by the Ally.

I know it is. but single-ear mono headsets are very very common, and I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to listen to music with one. I also don't see a reason I should have to buy a brand new bulky stereo headset just to listen to music, especially if I'm constantly switching between music and calls all day - having a single-ear headset is a lot more comfortable. I have yet to find a light, comfortable, stereo headset - much less one that's in-the-ear, and not also in the three-digit price range.

i can listen to my music on the ally with my bluetooth headset and i also have a stereo bluetooth headset. if you want to listen to it on a plain headset. go out to the store or on amazon and

get a headset that has the phrase A2DP. that is the programming that allows streaming music from the source.

I can recommend the blueant series, some of the jabra bluetooth headsets that work quite well. if you need a stereo the rocketfish brand is good for stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by torchwoodabq View Post
    i can listen to my music on the ally with my bluetooth headset and i also have a stereo bluetooth headset. if you want to listen to it on a plain headset. go out to the store or on amazon and

get a headset that has the phrase A2DP. that is the programming that allows streaming music from the source.

I can recommend the blueant series, some of the jabra bluetooth headsets that work quite well. if you need a stereo the rocketfish brand is good for stereo.

THAT is the info I've been looking for, thank you! Do you know anything about durability/call quality/etc?

I'm happy with mono, but I want something with long battery life and clear sound, especially if I need to step away form the phone a ways. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Christiebunny View Post
    I know it is. but single-ear mono headsets are very very common, and I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to listen to music with one. I also [b]don't see a reason I should have to buy a brand new bulky stereo headset just to listen to music, especially if I'm constantly switching between music and calls all day - having a single-ear headset is a lot more comfortable.

Your really a niche that most people dont fall into. Heres a headset thats stereo and affordable.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028LP694/...g=cnet-3489-20

Quote Originally Posted by Christiebunny View Post
    THAT is the info I've been looking for, thank you! Do you know anything about durability/call quality/etc?

I'm happy with mono, but I want something with long battery life and clear sound, especially if I need to step away form the phone a ways. Any suggestions?

This one should be able do what you want. I still say your better off getting something with stereo if what you want to do is listen to music.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=1007792

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse153 View Post
    Your really a niche that most people dont fall into. Heres a headset thats stereo and affordable.

http://www.amazon.co...ag=cnet-3489-20

This one should be able do what you want. I still say your better off getting something with stereo if what you want to do is listen to music.

http://www.bestbuy.c...1&skuId=1007792

There's a couple reasons - one, a standard headset leaves one ear free; two, I do a lot of moving and bending ,and stereo headphones at least, always seem to slide off - (I don't know of the 'behind the neck' ones would work better, probably.) And third, stereo's just plain bulkier and heavier.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links