set a ringtone from a text message

This is a discussion on set a ringtone from a text message within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Can you set a song sent to you in a text message as your ringtone,if so,how do you do it? Sorry if this has been ...

Thread: set a ringtone from a text message

Can you set a song sent to you in a text message as your ringtone,if so,how do you do it? Sorry if this has been answered before,but I'm new here and I did a search,but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Save the track locally. I think when it is saved, the track will end up in folder "SD Card/Download." (I have not saved from texts but have saved from E-mail and this is where it goes. The folder was auto-created.)

Create and move the track to folder "SD Card/Ringtones." (You can use a connected computer or a File Manager App like ThinkFree already on your phone to create folders.)

Now, open the Contact App and open the contact for whom the track will be set. Hit Menu. Hit Options. Hit Ringtone. Your track should now be listed as an option.

Check out other folders your Ally will find: Definitely SD Card Folder List

Q

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Save the track locally. I think when it is saved, the track will end up in folder "SD Card/Download." (I have not saved from texts but have saved from E-mail and this is where it goes. The folder was auto-created.)

Create and move the track to folder "SD Card/Ringtones." (You can use a connected computer or a File Manager App like ThinkFree already on your phone to create folders.)

Now, open the Contact App and open the contact for whom the track will be set. Hit Menu. Hit Options. Hit Ringtone. Your track should now be listed as an option.

Check out other folders your Ally will find: Definitely SD Card Folder List

Q
    Where is the option to save it,I only see play option.

Open up the text message, then 'push and hold' on the song for a few seconds. A menu will pop up asking if you want to do a few things. One of them is saving it

It's basically a 'right-click' for your phone.

I like the notion of Long-Touch equals Right-Click. It is a good analogy.

We can't get the option to save from email or text,I don't know what else to do.

Hi flap, maybe this will help. It tells you how to save the music in your phone, and then how to set it as a ringtone..... http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/16...tone-messages/

Pretty much the same as Q and O Z has suggested just worded differently. Thanks you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hi flap, maybe this will help. It tells you how to save the music in your phone, and then how to set it as a ringtone..... http://www.lgallyfor...gtone-messages/

Pretty much the same as Q and O Z has suggested just worded differently. Thanks you guys.
    She was holding her finger in the wrong place on the screen,lol Now she wants to know if she downloads a ringtone from a ringtone site,can she send that ringtone via her phone to someone else.

This is great! I was holding my finger on the wrong part of the screen, and this is the only place on the internet where I could find out how to do that!

Thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links