Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support

This is a discussion on Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by gregskeels You know ally ant a droid phone its android vz diddent give it the droid name all the droids might be ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support

Quote Originally Posted by gregskeels View Post
    You know ally ant a droid phone its android vz diddent give it the droid name all the droids might be updated but ally and devouer ant droid phones, and the droid list it a vz name thing ? I think well get it by the end of the year.

The OP said that the rep stated that all Droid OS phones. In this case, it would be true for the Ally since it's operating system (OS) is Android. I am actually glad that the Ally didn't get Droid attached to it's name. I mean if you ask someone what phone they have and they say "I got a Droid." you have to ask them which one. Ask me what kind of phone I have and I say "I got an Ally." No need to clarify.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'd like to add my $0.02, since I switched phones, my first had the 50% bug which did affect my battery life, the battery life has gotten much better. Instead of having to charge my phone every 4 hours, now it only needs to be charged every 12 to 14 hours, depending on how much I surf the web. This still isn't how LG advertised the battery charged but it's still better than what it was.

Either way, I really like the Ally. I'm just hoping with all this hoopla about Froyo we all don't wind up regretting what we hoped for.

Reading over all the comments on Verizon's customer service through their reps, I must say, for all the bad press Verizon receives about their customer service, I've never really experienced any bad treatment. Every time I've needed them (and both my wife have had Verizon as our cellular provider for seven years now, plus we've been using their FIOS services for cable and internet for three years), we've had very good encounters. There's a Verizon retailer just down the street from me, and I stop in there a lot just to poke around the phones and stuff, and the employees have always been ready to help me out and answer my questions, even taking the time to show me some cool tricks with my phones.

In fact, my only Verizon complaint is that they removed some of my HD channels from the cable lineup. That, and they're considering tiered plans for data usage. I hope they keep the unlimited data plans, as I tend to use a lot of data.

Hi all, good thread. I'm just speculating, but I see coming over the verizon,....err,... Horizon that there will be no more voice plans or charges, everything will be data charges.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    Reading over all the comments on Verizon's customer service through their reps, I must say, for all the bad press Verizon receives about their customer service, I've never really experienced any bad treatment. Every time I've needed them (and both my wife have had Verizon as our cellular provider for seven years now, plus we've been using their FIOS services for cable and internet for three years), we've had very good encounters. There's a Verizon retailer just down the street from me, and I stop in there a lot just to poke around the phones and stuff, and the employees have always been ready to help me out and answer my questions, even taking the time to show me some cool tricks with my phones.

In fact, my only Verizon complaint is that they removed some of my HD channels from the cable lineup. That, and they're considering tiered plans for data usage. I hope they keep the unlimited data plans, as I tend to use a lot of data.

I figured they would tier their data plan after AT&T did it. Sucks too because I just now finally talked my wife into letting me get the additional $30 data plan. Not sure if I can talk her into keeping it if it goes up even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    I figured they would tier their data plan after AT&T did it. Sucks too because I just now finally talked my wife into letting me get the additional data plan. Not sure if I can talk her into keeping it if it goes up even higher.

I just locked into a new unlimited data contract when I picked up the Ally. While getting my phone started, the Verizon employee told me that they were considering switching to tiered plans, so I researched on the internet and found interviews with Verizon's CEO saying that very thing. He stated they were considering it because of all the "data hogs."

Sheesh...data hogs? Really?

I got an idea.

Let's release a bunch of new Smartphones that allow the users to download apps, play internet radio, watch movies, and browse the web, and then complain because they are using too much data and start charging them more for it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I got an idea.

Let's release a bunch of new Smartphones that allow the users to download apps, play internet radio, watch movies, and browse the web, and then complain because they are using too much data and start charging them more for it.

They are in the business to make money. It makes sense to their bean counters.

Yes, really. Verizon doesn't charge you for how long you're connected to their 3G network, they charge for the amount of data exchanged.

If you're a bean counter at Verizon, and you see 90% of data plans using less than (for example) 5 GB a month, but notice a few accounts drawing 4 times that much, every month (data hogs) wouldn't you take a look at that situation?

The opposite, is the guy that walks into a Verizon store and wants the new BlackBerry, but voice only, no data plan. Salesmen say's,...why don't you get a less expensive phone to make calls with? Guy say's ,...I want a BlackBerry. True story, it really does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    They are in the business to make money. It makes sense to their bean counters.

I was being sarcastic about them saying it was due to the data hogs and not they they want to charge more. What did they expect to happen when they started pushing these phones?
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links