Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support

This is a discussion on Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Somehow I think Verizon is making money, gobs and bucket fulls of money. I have no proof of this, of course, but it's my opinion ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support

Somehow I think Verizon is making money, gobs and bucket fulls of money. I have no proof of this, of course, but it's my opinion that Verizon, like all other carriers, have vision with dollar sign eyes with users burning up their phones with internet/app usage.

But hey, I'm a free market guy, and they have given us these great phones, so I won't complain too much. But then it is my right to complain as a consumer American, is it not?

Of course it is Glockman, and this is one place where we appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

And you're right buddy, Verizon makes lots of money each quarter, they hire a whole crew of folks just to take care of all the money.

But can you imagine the expense of building the best 1X digital access and 3G network in America? Just last year (2009) Verizon spent more than 8 Billion dollars expanding their 3G network alone. Verizon is right now, working on bringing all of us Verizon customers the nations best 4G data network. It is already working in two major cities. When it's available in your area, the service upgrade will not cost you extra. I think most of you folks would agree, Verizon is simply the best wireless service provider in America, and we pay the price each month to be part of it. Don't forget, we can call anyone with Verizon service, and it does not cost minutes on our calling plans. That's over 93 Million folks you can call without using your minutes.

Now, let's look at other industry leaders. Boeing makes lots of money,...Microsoft,...GE,...Caterpillar,... Mc Donalds....etc..

Believe me, I understand when folks talk about this issue, I pay a healthy Verizon bill each month, (over 200 dollars) but would I trade for a lesser degree of service? No, not for wireless service because it's very important in my everyday life. I can settle for less than a mercedes,...I don't need a house with a pool,....and my major appliances are a few years old, but when it comes to my wireless service, I'll buy the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hi all, good thread. I'm just speculating, but I see coming over the verizon,....err,... Horizon that there will be no more voice plans or charges, everything will be data charges.

This sounds like a great idea -- it seems like it would simplify everything. Can they roll it out NEXT WEEK? LOL (sorry for shouting)

Of course it is Glockman, and this is one place where we appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

And you're right buddy, Verizon makes lots of money each quarter, they hire a whole crew of folks just to take care of all the money.

But can you imagine the expense of building the best 1X digital access and 3G network in America? Just last year (2009) Verizon spent more than 85 Billion dollars expanding their 3G network alone. Verizon is right now, working on bringing all of us Verizon customers the nations best 4G data network. It is already working in two major cities. When it's available in your area, the service upgrade will not cost you extra. I think most of you folks would agree, Verizon is simply the best wireless service provider in America, and we pay the price each month to be part of it. Don't forget, we can call anyone with Verizon service, and it does not cost minutes on our calling plans. That's over 93 Million folks you can call without using your minutes.

Now, let's look at other industry leaders. Boeing makes lots of money,...Microsoft,...GE,...Caterpillar,... Mc Donalds....etc..

Believe me, I understand when folks talk about this issue, I pay a healthy Verizon bill each month, (over 200 dollars) but would I trade for a lesser degree of service? No, not for wireless service because it's very important in my everyday life. I can settle for less than a mercedes,...I don't need a house with a pool,....and my major appliances are a few years old, but when it comes to my wireless service, I'll buy the best.

I agree on all counts. The main reason I've stayed with Verizon despite my also healthy monthly bill is because of the product they offer. My dad lives in the hills of Kentucky, where there is very little to begin with. He has ATT as his cell provider, and even he can't get service sometimes. I always have a full signal when I visit him. People think I'm lying when I say this, but I've never had a single dropped call in seven years on Verizon. At least not one that I can remember.

But hey, I'd still like to complain about my bill and such. Makes me feel like I'm part of a group, or something.

lol, I hear ya Glockman, and that's ok.

You're not alone here, just wait til cranky shows up again!

lol, I hear ya Glockman, and that's ok.

You're not alone here, just wait til cranky shows up again!

Ok, now I have a serious gripe. Actually I'm quite pissed about it. I've had NFL Network since it came to Verizon, and I've always been able to watch videos and even live game broadcasts...until now. I opened up the NFL Network app today and received a message that I now had to purchase a data plan through VCast, even to watch nonlive videos! I already pay through the nose for unlimited data, now I have to pay another $10 a month to watch a video on NFL?? Verizon can kiss my lilly white rear on that one!

Easy Glockman....I think what's going on is that the NFL network app is delivered through Vcast videos. Vcast video and music is a seperate service not included with the data plan.

It's another 10 dollars a month for unlimited Vcast use,...not just NFL. Were you already using it on your Ally?....or was this the first try? If you were already using it on your Ally, and just now got the message....I'm not sure why buddy.

Might try calling Verizon and see if they can work something out with you. After you calm down some......Sir

Easy Glockman....I think what's going on is that the NFL network app is delivered through Vcast videos. Vcast video and music is a seperate service not included with the data plan.

It's another 10 dollars a month for unlimited Vcast use,...not just NFL. Were you already using it on your Ally?....or was this the first try? If you were already using it on your Ally, and just now got the message....I'm not sure why buddy.

Might try calling Verizon and see if they can work something out with you. After you calm down some......Sir

"Were you already using it on your Ally?" I've been using NFL Network since it came to Verizon, starting with my Samsung Rogue last year. I've been watching videos on NFL Network for about a year, and have never had to buy a $10 data plan through VCAST before. When I picked up the Ally last month, I was using NFL network to watch videos AND live NFL broadcasts.

Gotcha buddy. I'm not sure what to tell you except this. Perhaps when you got your Ally, you needed to change your calling plan, and do not have unlimited Vcast anymore as you previously did, and they gave you a trial period to try it on your new Ally. That would explain why you had it for a month, and now they want money for it. Other than that,....I do not know. I would take a minute and call them, ask them what the deal is. My gf has it on her enV3...no extra charge, but she has unlimited Vcast video & music that was included with her nationwide premium plan, which is no longer available. They used to have premium plans with unlimited stuff ie,...texting,...VZ Navigator...Vcast....mobile web...all unlimited.

ian
    There was some fine print in the Verizon adds recently which said that starting early in September (I don't remember what date) that a VCast subscription would be required to access the NFL video.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links