Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support

This is a discussion on Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ian There was some fine print in the Verizon adds recently which said that starting early in September (I don't remember what ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    There was some fine print in the Verizon adds recently which said that starting early in September (I don't remember what date) that a VCast subscription would be required to access the NFL video.

Here's the thing. I got NFL Mobile when it first came out. There was no fine print when I downloaded it to my Samsung Rogue, and there was no fine print when I downloaded it to my Ally. The Verizon employee who sold me my Ally did not mention it either. So for me, there was no fine print anywhere.

If you're going to give me something for free that's going to to eventually cost me money, then tell me up front, be forward about it. I'll appreciate it, and we'll all be happy in our customer/business relationship. Don't try and pull these sneaky moves where I download an app, use it for several months, and then one day tell me I have to start paying for it. It's quite bothersome.

Anyway, the end result is that I removed NFL Mobile. I'll just get my NFL news/videos from ESPN mobile. They're much better at it anyway.

Glockman, I'm glad to hear you found a solution to the NFL problem. Congrats on that.

I can sympathize with you -- it is insulting when a free service becomes a pay service. But my own experience has been quite the opposite. I have paid $10 a month for VZ Navigator on the last two phones I owned, so that's probably three years or so. Now, navigation is free. I've also paid a buck here and a buck there for ringtones, but am now using free ringtones from the Android Market. So all in all, I feel like I'm coming out ahead upgrading from a messaging phone to an Android, and in fact my bill dropped $6 a month when I upgraded!

Quote Originally Posted by John23ally View Post
    Glockman, I'm glad to hear you found a solution to the NFL problem. Congrats on that.

I can sympathize with you -- it is insulting when a free service becomes a pay service. But my own experience has been quite the opposite. I have paid a month for VZ Navigator on the last two phones I owned, so that's probably three years or so. Now, navigation is free. I've also paid a buck here and a buck there for ringtones, but am now using free ringtones from the Android Market. So all in all, I feel like I'm coming out ahead upgrading from a messaging phone to an Android, and in fact my bill dropped a month when I upgraded!

I said on this very thread that overall I've been pleased with Verizon's service. They've always been quick to assist me with issues, and they provide a service that I like very reliably. But there's a reason many people get angry over how businesses conduct their business. This is an example of how not to conduct business. As I stated, if I'm informed up front about what a service will cost, I have no problem with that. I can make an informed choice about how to spend my money. When fees and rate hikes are sneaked in, it's disingenuous.

OMG WTF!!!

Yup. NFL Mobile UNINSTALLED. Forget that crap. Like drug dealers, "We'll give you a little for free to get you hooked, then start charging you".

Forget all that crap. The app wasn't THAT cool.

I couldn't agree more, Glockman!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links