Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support

This is a discussion on Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; First things first: I spent quite awhile last night -- around an hour and a half between two phone calls -- talking with a Verizon ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Satisfied with Verizon's answers, tech support

First things first: I spent quite awhile last night -- around an hour and a half between two phone calls -- talking with a Verizon tech support person who gave his first name as Chris. During those conversations, Chris said he did not know when Droid 2.2 would be released for the Ally, but that Verizon is in the process of "qualifying" all its Droid OS phones for the upgrade. He explained "qualified" as ensuring that a phone can properly run the OS (please remember, I am paraphrasing here). He said that as phones are qualified, the updates are pushed out.

Because he's not privy to any schedule of qualifying the phones, he couldn't give me an exact date about when 2.2 would be available for the Ally. However, he did tell me that FroYo should be available for all Verizon Droid-based handsets "by the end of the summer." I confirmed with him that the beginning of fall is on or around the 23rd of September, and he agreed that all Droid-based Verizon devices should have 2.2 by that time.

But I want to go into more detail about my experience last night. Chris was extremely helpful. I can't imagine what more he could have done, except maybe offered me a free upgrade to the Droid 2. I told him my concerns (the 50 percent bug; the lack of alpha characters on the in-service dial screen). In each instance, he was unfamiliar with the problem, but seemed genuinely interested in learning about them. During our first conversation, he put me on hold so he could get an Ally "from the lab"; however, "both" Allies were being used and neither was available to him. So he asked if he could call me back later in the evening. I was, frankly, amazed. I've never had any tech-support person for any company offer to call me back so he (or she) could further research a problem.

And research he did. Regarding the 50 percent bug, he said he talked to other tech-support people in his own "group," as well as calling friends of his who provide tech support for other Verizon groups. He also verified the bug on one of the lab's Ally handsets when he was able to get one. Because of the research he did, and because his explanation seemed rooted in logic and common sense, not a blind need to minimize a caller's problem, I accept his conclusion that the 50 percent bug doesn't effect battery usage. On the other concern, he seemed genuinely surprised when he discovered the in-service pad didn't have the alpha characters, agreed it was one heck of a bug, and reported it to LG and Verizon.

I was still trying to get over the fact that he had done research, made calls, and called me back.

I'm floored. I've been with Verizon since my first cell phone (was it Bell South Mobility back then? Honestly, I don't remember, but it wasn't Verizon), and I've always felt I got good service, especially considering the state of service provided by all utilities, including the cable companies. But after last night, when Chris took the time and interest to check with co-workers, to check with friends who were not direct co-workers, and to even offer to do all that and call me back -- again, I'm floored.

At this point, AT&T couldn't pay me to take an iPhone and a two-year contract. I wanted to post something here to praise praise-worthy service.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good posting John, thanks for your comments.

I've noticed some members being critical, or poking fun at Verizon employees, and that's fine. But let's remember folks, the people at Verizon are human too. They have various levels of expertise and experience. Although they recieve training, and have a data base at their finger tips, they might just be having a bad day, or do not fully understand your query.

Verizon employs over 217,000 people, we know a few of them are going to ,...well.. be less than a good hire. Headquartered in New York, Verizon has employees in every state in America, and hundreds employed overseas.

Ever wonder how they came up with the name "Verizon"? It's the Latin word "veritas" signifying certainty and "horizon" indicating forward looking, or visionary.

They also felt that the letters V and Z have connotations of speed.

Verizon has more subscribers than any other service provider with over 92 million....and counting.

I too have to add that some while yes some bad apples may spoil the whole bunch I get a laugh when they say thanks for choosing Verizon... where I live its either Verizon or dropping calls with every other carrier lol

Tho it is because of a couple bad reps thay I'm now using the ally now with the extended life battery and my bill reduced for a month... definitely gotta say they did a lot to try and keep me as a happy customer

Hi Angel, you gotta love that E L battery

Wouldn't it be nice if they just came with that battery installed.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post

What would be nice is an extended battery that's as thin as the stock unit.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Cool news. Not sure how much the Verizon reps ever really know, but I'd be more than happy with 2.2 before the "end of summer".

It always is pleasant when you get good customer service. One thing I make sure to do, is talk to a supervisor and report GOOD customer service. We are all so quick to pick up the phone or get a manager involved when we got crappy service, but when we get good service we simply walk out thinking "wow that person was nice". Top-notch service should be a given and we shouldn't have to say thanks for it, but the fact is, these days, it's very rare. So I like to make sure that I put in a good word for that employee with their manager. It might end up with nothing more than the manager passing the message to that employee and making them feel good, or maybe it'll be a bigger influence when it comes to employee reviews and raises.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Ditto BMB

Ang
    I totally agree Black Metal and by the way...you're Top Notch, just in case no one had told you that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty' date='20 August 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1282329566' post='1000005492

What would be nice is an extended battery that's as thin as the stock unit.

yea the extended life battery is awesome... would be better if it worked with the charging dock

so yea extended life as a slim battery would be killer tho what i want is a second charging port for my extended life while the phone is docked

You know ally ant a droid phone its android vz diddent give it the droid name all the droids might be updated but ally and devouer ant droid phones, and the droid list it a vz name thing ? I think well get it by the end of the year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links