Constant freeze / reboot problem

This is a discussion on Constant freeze / reboot problem within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Good evening all. If this question has been covered already I apologize in advance - new to the forum. First of all, I love my ...

Thread: Constant freeze / reboot problem

Good evening all. If this question has been covered already I apologize in advance - new to the forum.

First of all, I love my little Ally. For the price and functions you can't go wrong imo.

However I have a pesky little problem that is not only happening to mine, but several others in my office who bought Ally's from the same store as well.

When there is low reception, and when trying to text, it will freeze up and restart. It doesn't happen at all when around high reception areas. I live in a small town east of Fargo ND, so when I get home it will restart approximately every 45 mins or so. If I start trying to text...forget about it. Several weeks ago four of us that work together purchased Ally's and ALL of them did the very same thing when we were at some mandatory training the last 2 weeks.

Can anyone chime in here and confirm this as well? Dev's, if you are reading, are you aware of the problem? There is obviously something going on. I have 9 days on this phone before I can return it. I really REALLY don't want to but I can't experience these constant freeze / restarts.

I contacted customer support today about the problem and they claimed if I had update #8 I would be ok. BTW, where in the settings do I check what LG version I have?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Menu > Settings > About Phone (at the bottom) > SW Version is at the bottom. The last number is the Version.

Mine reads: VS740ZV8

BTW, Software Update is the first option under "About Phone."

Thank you for the reply Qasar -

I do have version 8, so this is a separate issue...too bad. I don't forsee this getting resolved in 8 days.

Try a factory reset.

How To Reset

After that dial *228 and choose option 2.
    Motorola Droid 4

Just a quick note to let everyone know that my wife is now on her 4th Ally within 2 months. Freeze ups, constant auto starts and no Camera just to mention a few of the problems. I also have an Ally and decided it's not worth the trouble to replace it and will live with it strictly as a cell phone. Verizon told us numerous times at the store and at tech services that they are replacing them at an alarming rate.

Hmm, I would be interested in knowing if the problems started on the Ally after the software was upgraded. That many bad phones in a row is unusual and leads me to believe it is a software issue and not a hardware one. I have said this before, after getting the update, do a factory reset. 90% of the issues will go away. It is what I did and I have not had any major issues since I did it. I am still on my first LG Ally.
    Motorola Droid 4

We did a factory reset with a Factory Tech on a land line on two occasions with her phone and once on mine. Mine is still working fine for the second week. My wife's is still waiting for another factory reconditioned replacement.

FYI This is suppose to be fixed in the new upgrade that is coming this week.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links