Ally + Navigation = awesome

This is a discussion on Ally + Navigation = awesome within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; We just finished a 1400-mile trip and I used my Ally for navigation for almost 100% of it. Only had one or two restarts the ...

Thread: Ally + Navigation = awesome

We just finished a 1400-mile trip and I used my Ally for navigation for almost 100% of it. Only had one or two restarts the whole time (still not sure what causes that...I turned off the data sync) but with the phone mounted on the dash within a fingertip's reach of the steering wheel, it didn't bother me. Google Navigation is so slick; I love how it pulls up a Street View of your destination as you arrive.

I use a ProClips dash mount with an Arkon "Mega" universal gripper instead of the VZW phone mount. This puts the phone much closer to me and I can aim a vent directly at the back of the phone. It helps mitigate heating issues that sometimes come up when you're running nav and charging.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Question please. How do you keep the navigation on all the time? Mine shuts off or running in the background instead of on screen and I cannot see or hear and have to restart every 10 minutes or so.

Do you have an app killer installed?
    Motorola Droid 4

hhuangpe: Might want to check and see if the Nav app is excluded from the apps your task killer is killing. I started using the TK's too based on recommendations, and now I just let Android do it's thing in regards to task managment. Unless you really examine what your TK is doing, it could very well end up killing tasks Android needs. If the TK kills the tasks, Android will just try to start it up again (which in the end could affect battery life actually).

My two cents.

@jeb_hoge: thank for the post. Always good to hear when things work as they should - for the most part. I know the Ally (for sure mine) will restart if the battery gets to toasty.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links