simple tether instructions for dummies

This is a discussion on simple tether instructions for dummies within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hi, I literally need the Tether for Dummies version of tethering the Ally to my laptop. Our salesperson told us we could avoid the fee ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: simple tether instructions for dummies

Hi, I literally need the Tether for Dummies version of tethering the Ally to my laptop. Our salesperson told us we could avoid the fee because there were ways to connect explained on the net but I am completely lost. Can anyone direct me to a simple non tech instructional? Would like to use the phone as my internet connector for the laptop. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I can't give you a how-to because i've never done but a good place to start to learn on your own is too look at an app called PDANet. There is a free version.

There are apps out there that claim to tether without having to root the device. I can't vouch for any of them, since I don't have anything I need to tether to. But you may want to search the ?arket.

PDAnet works well, but costs quite a bit if you want to access HTTPS sites with it after the trial is over.

Thanks guys I will try the pdanet and check out the ?arket. We have a Mi-Fi for at home but if I knew how to attach the phone then I can leave the Mi-Fi at home on trips.

I have been using "Easy tether Pro" there is a trial free version, and the full version is only 9.95 vs 19.95 for PDA net. It's easy to install and get running just follow the instructions and you'll be browsing in no time. Also the 9.95 is a one time fee so there is no recurring monthly fees of any kind, and vzw doesn't see it as being tethered so there is no fee from big red either! Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by ZekeSulastin View Post
    PDAnet works well, but costs quite a bit if you want to access HTTPS sites with it after the trial is over.
    How did you get pda.net to run? When I try it does not install and shows a missing modem driver. Even if I install the drivers from pda.net it shows error 103 and 104 missing modem drivers.

The most simple free way is to download Barnacle WIFI tether in the market. I use it to connect to my IPOD touch when I am away from home and it works like a charm....

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    The most simple free way is to download Barnacle WIFI tether in the market. I use it to connect to my IPOD touch when I am away from home and it works like a charm....

Except Barnacle only works if you're rooted.

Solution needed.

I need to reverse tether..LOL

I do not have internet on my ally as Page plus does not support it on the ally. I need to use my PC as a modem for my ally to get rid of the apps that are slowing it down and draining my battery. I can leave it on the counter overnight with the screen off, and the battery is dead in the morning due to all of the apps running! I know I can stop them from the phone but get tired of zapping useless apps all the time.

I looked into bluetooth, my pc is not bluetooth ready I dont think? so I need an adapter for my USB. I have also looked into Wireless but need a router and an adaper for that.

Is there an easier way without having to buy stuff? I thought I could do it thru the data cable, but hasnt worked so far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links