Battery Issue is a deal killer

This is a discussion on Battery Issue is a deal killer within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Don't forget to turn Bluetooth off also. And GPS if you're not using it. Delete old texts,...call logs...anything you don't really need. I may be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Issue is a deal killer

Don't forget to turn Bluetooth off also. And GPS if you're not using it. Delete old texts,...call logs...anything you don't really need.

I may be just imagining it, but it seems the more memory you have free, the easier it is on the battery.

There is a battery issue with the Ally. I had a Droid, now I have an Ally. I have it set up the same way, don't have wifi or bluetooth turned on, the battery is dead within 12 hours. My droid lasted at least 24 hours. If I check battery usage cell standby is around 70% and time without a signal is 100%. I have always been able to browse the web, send/receive texts, and make calls. I clearly have signal. This phone has serious issues and it's quite upsetting. I'm hoping 2.2 is out soon and will fix this.

Thanks for your thoughts tad, but I'm curious. Why aren't you still using the other droid? And if you feel the Ally has "serious issues" why don't you return it a choose a different phone? I wouldn't use a phone with serious issues that left me quite upset.

I wrecked my droid and insurance only had Ally's as replacements. I may infact get a different phone, but it's such a pain. I wonder if they would allow me to swap to a different phone without charging me a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts tad, but I'm curious. Why aren't you still using the other droid? And if you feel the Ally has "serious issues" why don't you return it a choose a different phone? I wouldn't use a phone with serious issues that left me quite upset.

If your Ally is less than 30 days old, yes, Verizon will let you bring it back and get something different. How much they charge you depends on how expensive your other choice is.

After 30 days it's a little late to say I don't like the phone, and you'll have to pay the regular price.

There's a lot of help here for you in the forums, but if ya just don't like the thing, that's ok. Some folks think it's a POS....whatever that is....

I spoke with the floor manager at my local Verizon store, they do not accept phones received from Asurion within any timeframe. I can't tradeup/renew my contact until December, so I had the guy haggle Asurion for me. I could've got a Droid Incredible (no slideout keyboard), but I opted to get an original Droid. Who knows how long it will take to get as it's backordered. I don't think I will have to pay anything extra, we'll see.

Ok, gotcha buddy. HTC and Motorola make great phones. There's a few different droids, but if you're waiting on a Motorola, it may be a few weeks still before you have it in your hand.

If you've noticed, the Motorola droids are all back ordered with the exception of the Droid 2. That's because there is a shortage of the chipsets needed to assemble the phone.

Believe me, the folks at Motorola are screamin...we need the chips....but they are produced only so fast. Remember, Motorola sells phones worldwide, so you can imagine the demand.

But, ...hang tight...you'll get one and with the Verizon network, you can't go wrong.

Oh, one other thing,....it's gonna be a battery hog.

My Droid 1 was not what I consider a battery hog, it would last about 2 days. My LG Ally lasts less than 12 hours. It may take a while, but the guy at the Verizon store said that corporate stores are getting shipments of Droid 1's and it shouldn't be too long until I get mine.

About 2 days? As far as I'm concerned, having to charge every 2 full days IS a battery hog. Before my first smartphone, a battery charge would last 7 full days with medium use.

That's what the salesman told ya huh?...

If you cannot get more than 12 hours out of your Ally's battery, you're not managing it well. Everybody else here seems to get more than that.

But good luck with your new phone, I hope the battery last a long time for ya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links