Battery Issue is a deal killer

This is a discussion on Battery Issue is a deal killer within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I am sick of charging my battery half way through the day when my phone is out of the box stock. No power eating appz. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Issue is a deal killer

I am sick of charging my battery half way through the day when my phone is out of the box stock. No power eating appz. Blackberry here I come.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I switched from BB Curve 2 to LG Ally. I was sick of the battery issue with BB Curve 2. After the switch, I was troubled by the same problem as well until just last week. I started setting the (free) advanced task killer to auto kill frequency to every 30 min. Wow, what a difference does it make. I unplugged at 5am this morning and it has 80% at 2:45 pm. I am totally happy now. I hope this helps you if it is not too late. The number of applications of ally compared to BB is day and night. Eventually I settled with only a few that I really like and will use but no regret in making the conversion.

Hi roban, too bad you didn't read this first,.... http://www.lgallyfor...3-battery-help/

The BlackBerry's are great phones, but you won't be happy with their battery life either. Or any of the Motorola Droids,..Droid X...Droid 2. The users of those say " great phone, just carry the charger with you".

Can you imagine driving the Droid X's 4.3 inch TFT display with a 1540 mAH battery? It ain't gonna last long my friend.

By the way, good posting hh.

I had a Blackberry for years and then discovered the iPhone. I loved my iPhone but not the AT&T service that is non-existent where I live. I will try turning off WiFi and see if that makes a difference but really...the trade offs for battery life take the fun out of having a smart phone. I have read enough posts here about the poor battery performance to think it's a design issue with the phone itself.

Gotcha buddy. You're certainly able to have your opinion and voice it here.

I'm not suggesting you settle for less than a smartphone, but other members have said they're going back to a multi-media phone, like one of the enV series.

Why? Because they perform most of the functions most people really need a phone to do, and do them very well. For other things, they just use their laptops/netbooks.

And remember, even the standard battery in the multi-media phones will last for at least 2 days with moderate to heavy use.

With an E L battery, you can go all week.

Maybe you should take a look at Verizon's netbooks. Cost about the same as a smartphone, battery charge will allow about 4 hours non-stop surfing, charges in about 2 hours. Even fan cooled!

And, using Verizons 3G network, or if you're so inclined, Wi Fi,.....( so you don't use your Verizon data time )...they work everywhere your Verizon phone does. Of course, no phone calls, but you can send and receieve all text messages. Simple text, video or picture... Some models are produced by another industry leader, H-P.

Just one bad thing. Last I looked, Verizon had 2 data plan choices. A 40 and a 60 dollar a month plan. ...plus tax. The 40 dollar plan was 250 MB, which is little more than some demo time. The 60 dollar one is 5GB a month, more than enough unless you stream a lot of video, or do a lot of online gaming.

Just something to consider my friend, or keep your Ally and just hang out with us

Quote Originally Posted by roban View Post
    I had a Blackberry for years and then discovered the iPhone. I loved my iPhone but not the AT&T service that is non-existent where I live. I will try turning off WiFi and see if that makes a difference but really...the trade offs for battery life take the fun out of having a smart phone. I have read enough posts here about the poor battery performance to think it's a design issue with the phone itself.

In my opinion, it is not the design of the phone or the battery itself but the software.

The regular battery that comes with the LG Ally is a 1500 mAh Standard Lithium-Ion battery that is rated for up to 500 hours standby time.

In comparison,

Droid 2 has a 1420 mAh Standard Lithium-Ion (Standby Time: 315 hours)

Droid Incredible has a 1300 mAh Standard Lithium Ion Polymer (Standby Time: 146 hours)

Droid X has a 1540 mAh Standard Lithium Ion Polymer (Standby Time: 220 hours)

Hopefully, the upgard to Android 2.2 will help solve some of the battery issues.
    Motorola Droid 4

AA, I'd agree it's more of a software issue on the Ally. I'm rooted and am using a different ROM now, and am seeing battery life more like I'd hoped for. Betweem VZW and LG, I think there was too much tinkering with the Android OS. I'm waiting to see what happens when 2.2 rolls out and what people have to say that get the standard OTA update.

While you guys make good points about apps and software, the biggest drain of the battery occurs when the display is illuminated.

If the phone did not have a display, it would run for days on a single charge.

Let's compare a portable radio, and a device with a screen or display such as a TV. Both are powered by 4 AA batteries. We turn them both on and leave them running. While the electronic workings and speakers are very similar, the TV running a 3 inch display will stop running in a few hours, but the radio will run for weeks.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    There is no battery "issue" with the LG Ally.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I turned off WiFi and no difference. I'll turn off the display, phone and data. Next I'll not power on the phone at all and use it as a paper weight. Maybe battery life will improve.

Seriously, like everyone else I'll hang in and wait for 2.2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links