Shortcut/Speed Dial for Voicemail

This is a discussion on Shortcut/Speed Dial for Voicemail within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; So I can't seem to find this topic anywhere on this forum so not sure if it is in the right place or not .... ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shortcut/Speed Dial for Voicemail

So I can't seem to find this topic anywhere on this forum so not sure if it is in the right place or not ....

I just switched from an old Palm Treo to an LG Ally ..... yes, finally . Anyways, I had my voicemail set up on my speed dial where once the vm was called it paused and then continued to plug in my password.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this with the Ally.

Here is what I have tried so far but has not worked:

• Adding a shortcut to one of the homepages will get me to the VM, but I still have to manually enter the password.
    • I have tried to alter the number being dialed via the shortcut utilizing the following symbols ( # , * ) between the *86 and my password. No dice!
    • Tried inserting a P and/or T but that doesn't work.

Does anybody have an ideas on how I can work around this?

Thanks so much,

Brian

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

ian
    I know I posted this before, but can't find the post in the search tool.

A semi-colon
    Code:
    (;)
    is the wait symbol.

A comma
    Code:
    (,)
    is the pause symbol.

If it helps open the phone and the farthest left will connect you to voice mail as well.

Might not be your chosen way to reach it but I find it quite prompt.

Best of luck.

Hey Brian. Here's an alternate solution: If you haven't tried Visual Voicemail yet, you should give it a go. It is hands-down a much better way to retrieve voicemail than the traditional "*86" way. I'm not sure, but I think Verizon might still charge a couple of bucks a month for VVM, but it's well worth it not to have to listen to five old messages just to get to the new ones, or to be able to see who called and listen to new messages in order of their importance to you, not in the chronological order the calls came in.

Just a thought. I hope you enjoy your Ally!

Thanks for the replies, see responses below ......

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I know I posted this before, but can't find the post in the search tool.

A semi-colon
    Code:
    (;)
    is the wait symbol.

A comma
    Code:
    (,)
    is the pause symbol.

Thanks Ian ... I tried these but for some reason they don't just automatically dial them. It seems that it will dial the VM, but then once the greeting starts a window pops up and asks if I want to have the "comma, or the semi colon and 4 digit password" to be entered .... kinda defeats the purpose having to wait and look for a window and then press the ok button to continue. Was and am trying to get in ti the system with one action.

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    If it helps open the phone and the farthest left will connect you to voice mail as well.

Might not be your chosen way to reach it but I find it quite prompt.

Best of luck.

Could not figure out what you were describing here, can you please explain which button you are pressing?

Quote Originally Posted by John23ally View Post
    Hey Brian. Here's an alternate solution: If you haven't tried Visual Voicemail yet, you should give it a go. It is hands-down a much better way to retrieve voicemail than the traditional "*86" way. I'm not sure, but I think Verizon might still charge a couple of bucks a month for VVM, but it's well worth it not to have to listen to five old messages just to get to the new ones, or to be able to see who called and listen to new messages in order of their importance to you, not in the chronological order the calls came in.

Just a thought. I hope you enjoy your Ally!

This is the most likely the route we will be taking here. The thought of not having to go through the half dozen messages every couple of days so that they can be saved once again for the 21 days it is supposed to save them sounds almost too good to be true. Not to mention having to wait for the entire prompt before you can save or delete .... is it just me or does that only pop up and happen when you are in a hurry to listen to the ONE message that just came in???

I guess biting the bullet and coughing up the extra $2.99/month will be worth it just for that aspect alone

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions ...... really appreciate it.

Brian

Forgive me I left a rather critical word out for my assistance.The Phone key or app, when you open it, you can auto dial your voice mail with the farthest left key on the screen. It looks like a little set of glasses.Also if you click the farthest left key under the screen, it'll open the phone then tap that. I found this to be the most hassle free way to open my voice mail personally.

You might want to try this.

Edit the number for your voice mail...

menu - settings - call settings - voicemail settings

then change the default *86 to *86,,,0123 (*86 and three or so commas - depending on the pause needed - then your voicemail password. )

May not be the best solution, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by bh241 View Post
    You might want to try this.

Edit the number for your voice mail...

[b]menu - [b]settings - [b]call settings - [b]voicemail settings

then change the default *86 to [b]*86,,,0123 (*86 and three or so commas - depending on the pause needed - then your voicemail password. )

May not be the best solution, but it works.

I like it. Works!! Simple!!

Is there a way to just hit the voice mail button and check messages instead of having to put in my voice mail password? I used to have a phone you could set this up, so I'm assuming all phones do it these days.

I believe what you need to do is set a contact shortcut with *86,,,,[password]. Each comma represents a delay. You will need to test how many commas work for the VW prompts. There is a buried thread somewhere here with proof.

Here it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links