Charging. Ok to leave plugged in overnight?

This is a discussion on Charging. Ok to leave plugged in overnight? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hi all, I'm a new Ally user (so if my wife). we just upgraded from an old Motorola flip phone with a pull out antenna. ...

Thread: Charging. Ok to leave plugged in overnight?

Hi all,

I'm a new Ally user (so if my wife). we just upgraded from an old Motorola flip phone with a pull out antenna. Don't laugh too hard.

Anyway I have searched a bit and have not found a definitive answer to this question:

Can I leave the phone plugged in a charging overnight safely? We'll run the batteries down before charging, but is it bad to leave it plugged in when the light urns green.

The verizon salesman said to charge it for about 8 hrs first time and then no more than necessary after that. It seems odd to me that the charger that was included with the phone

would not allow the phone to go into a trickle mode so it can be safely plugged in over night, but what do I know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah,we are both really digging the new phone and finding this forum was a great thing as well. I hope to learn a lot from this place...maybe eventually answer a question or two as well.

Thanks,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi Tubeydude, welcome to you and your wife, you're among Ally friends here and welcome 24/7.... But don't think the moderator is going to answer all your questions;...

that's because all the members here pitch in with tips,..help...comments...ideas....questions....I just happened to see your posting first.

Several of the members are exceedingly helpful and I kinda nick named them the big boys....but it includes a few women too!

We have A A particular member,.....that I can fairly say is an Ally expert (the guy even has his own Ally website) who helps a lot, and right next to him are the big boys.

But be warned Tubeydude,....we have 1 cranky member. He has admitted to "offing" a BlackBerry so we keep an eye on him.

Ok,..ok...charger. The definitive answer is yes, you can safely leave it plugged in overnight. If it makes you feel better, you can take the battery out, and leave it plugged in.

Some of the members use the Ally at bedside.....clock...alarm clock,...digital picture frame,...etc. I think Patrick uses his for a night light.

Just teasin Patrick!

And....the sales folks are nice people,.....but when you need Ally help, come here.

Thanks Minty!

I guess I should have posted in the help section. I'll do that next time.

Thanks for the answer and I look forward to hanging around.

I leave mine plugged in overnight every night. So far, so good!

Minty is on the ball, isn't she? Yes - I plug it in on the ole nightstand and wake up to a completely charged and happy phone. I'll even start up 'lightening bug" for an hour or so and fall asleep to the rain. (make a mental note of that too, Minty?)

I'm 50/50. I leave it plugged in at night except for when I want to do some reading (using Kindle for Android) or play a game (IE: World War) while laying in bed. I have never had any issues with leaving it plugged in. If you ever notice it getting hot, you may want to unplug it for awhile to let it cool down.
    Motorola Droid 4

Cool. Thanks everybody for chiming in!

Still lots to learn...

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I'm 50/50. I leave it plugged in at night except for when I want to do some reading (using Kindle for Android) or play a game (IE: World War) while laying in bed. I have never had any issues with leaving it plugged in. If you ever notice it getting hot, you may want to unplug it for awhile to let it cool down.

I'm PKERFJ. Add me and I'll do the same.

I tend to leave my Ally plugged in overnight and will unplug it if I'm up to piss or check on the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    I'm PKERFJ. Add me and I'll do the same.

I added you. My code is YCF4RP.
    Motorola Droid 4

I personally leave it plugged in over night.

Just a habit I like things to be 100% and ready when I start my day. I've read it may or may not be best for the batteries life but I feel being 100% to start the day is well worth any "possible" shortening of the life span.

Yet to see any problems due to night plug ins on any device let alone this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links