Ending contract

This is a discussion on Ending contract within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hey i was considering switching to an iphone(dont judge) but the fee is apparently $350 for smartphones... I was wondering if it would be possible ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ending contract

Hey i was considering switching to an iphone(dont judge) but the fee is apparently $350 for smartphones... I was wondering if it would be possible to switch to an old crappy phone then end the contract for the "cheaper" $175 fee?

Anyone

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No.

And why the hell would you want to do that?

ok? anyone else thats not "ally obsessed" wanna put in some input

Since I am not "Ally Obsessed", I will give you an answer.

The ETF is connected to your 2 year contract and not specifically to the phone. Switching phones will not change that.
    Motorola Droid 4

The answer is stil no. You signed a 2 year contract for an agreed upon price. You can change phones, but that does not release you from the contract.

Like greenless....I can understand it if you want a different phone, but why would you want to downgrade to AT&T?

By the way, I'm not "Ally obsessed", just tellin it like it is.

Thanks minty and AA. So if u had a smartphone and u didn't want it anymore u can't cancel data and change phones?

Hmm,...well you could not use data and get a different phone I guess. But no, you can't cancel the data completely. They might let you step down to the 10 dollar data plan, but I doubt it.

Once you sign the contract, you're kinda stuck with it.

This reminds me of another posting I left here somewhere. True story....guy walks into the Verizon store and wants the new BlackBerry, but no data plan. Verizon guy say's...why not a different phone if you don't need any data service? Guy say's...I just want a BlackBerry.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Part of the reason they do this is so customers can't take advantage of the cheap phone prices by signing a contract, getting a new high-end phone, selling the phone as a stand-alone with no contract for $300-500, and then cancel their Verizon contract. Most of these smartphones that you can get for $99 to $200 with a 2-year contract are actually $500 devices, and people were trying to make a profit by upgrading their phones or starting new contracts, selling them, and bailing on the contract.

You'd be better off trying to find a friend or family member would want to take over your old phone and contract instead of cancelling it.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by adamkin View Post
    Thanks minty and AA. So if u had a smartphone and u didn't want it anymore u can't cancel data and change phones?
    No you can't work's not let me nor has the carrier.

Best option is to pick a different smart phone.

Eating cost will most likely be part of it. If you are lucky and find something on sale and can return it under the 30 days you can be entitled to a refund. My employer is getting a refund on my current ally (a DOA) and I'm swapping to a more suited (yet on sale so cheaper) device.

I was wondering about something similar. I bought my ally in July and my contract end in 2012. If I wanted to upgrade to the droid x would I have to pay full retail price or the discounted 2 year price before I'm eligible for a upgrade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links