Overcharging?

This is a discussion on Overcharging? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I was just wondering if the stock charger could overcharge the battery and if it can how long after 100% is considered overcharging...

Thread: Overcharging?

I was just wondering if the stock charger could overcharge the battery and if it can how long after 100% is considered overcharging

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There was another thread about this but I can't seem to locate it at this time. It shouldn't be possible for the battery to be overcharged but it has happened to others. I think they just unplugged the charger and plugged it back in and the % showed up as 100%.
    Motorola Droid 4

Opinions vary, but I think the answer is no, the OEM charger will not overcharge that battery. They do get warm as the battery becomes close to peak charge, but this is normal, and does not indicate a problem. In the event of a malfunction, and the battery does indeed become overcharged, it will be internally damaged and unrepairable.

Here's the topic and thread you might find helpful,... http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/10...ntry1000005327

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links