Hypothetical- Ally 2

This is a discussion on Hypothetical- Ally 2 within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Nothing serious, purely hypothetical. I have an upgrade on my account, but frankly don't want to use it on anything VZW is offering. I really ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical- Ally 2

Nothing serious, purely hypothetical. I have an upgrade on my account, but frankly don't want to use it on anything VZW is offering. I really like my Ally, still, even after experiencing the higher end phones. Its not perfect though, and if sales are good, I wonder if LG/VZW would do an Ally 2 (my gut says no). But if they did, what would you like to see, within reason?

Here's what I'd like to see

-a slightly larger screen, 3.5" should be doable on the current form factor. If not, the same screen size on a thinner form factor.

-a real, customizable LED light

-replace the d-pad keyboard with a more spacious keyboard with directional arrows like the Droid 2

-Android 2.2 out of the box, with specs good enough for whatever the next major update is

-5mp camera with faster operation

What say you?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    The 5mp camera has already been done on the GSM Ally that AT&T offers.

I'd rather see the keypad or arrows on the left side for better gaming.

I can live with 2.1 Android, never used 2.2 so ignorance is bliss.

I'd like a GPU.

I agree with the 3.5" screen on this size phone or this 3.2" screen with a thinner/smaller phone.

If you are going to hypothetically talk about an Ally 2, you might as well make it top of the line otherwise you will get a phone that is little improved like the Droid 2 over the Droid. Here is the minimum changes I would want.

1. Android 3.0.

2. 1 GHz processor.

3. 8 MB camera.

4. 512 DDR Ram

5. Swap the camera button and the SD Card slot.
    Motorola Droid 4

Since we are dreaming why don't we say the Ally 2 will come preset with Andriod 50.8. This superhuman update can read your mind, so there is no programming involved! Yehaw! For that matter, the Android 50.8 will have legs and make your bed while its at it.

That's what I would not like, thanks and have a great day!

=]

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Mostly good stuff suggested so far. I would like the full keyboard to have two space bars again like it used to be on the enV phones, one on each side. Reaching way to the middle of the keyboard for the one tiny spacebar is the main reason I don't like this keyboard as much as I expected to.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

After playing with a Droid 2 at a customers house the other day, about the only thing I would like to see is a faster CPU\GPU and more memory and storage space. The D2 worked pretty slick with the extra horsepower it had. But it was slightly bigger and slightly bulkier than the Ally, which I didn't like. I just prefer my phones to be smaller and more lightweight. Don't feel like carrying a laptop in my back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra toucan View Post
    Since we are dreaming why don't we say the Ally 2 will come preset with Andriod 50.8. This superhuman update can read your mind, so there is no programming involved! Yehaw! For that matter, the Android 50.8 will have legs and make your bed while its at it.

That's what I would not like, thanks and have a great day!

=]

Haven't you been reading the news? They do have a machine now that can read human thoughts.

Now a really good improvement would be a self cleaning screen. I hate having fingerprints on my screen.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    If you are going to hypothetically talk about an Ally 2, you might as well make it top of the line otherwise you will get a phone that is little improved like the Droid 2 over the Droid. Here is the minimum changes I would want.

1. Android 3.0.

2. 1 GHz processor.

3. 8 MB camera.

4. 512 DDR Ram

5. Swap the camera button and the SD Card slot.

The camera button is exactly where it should be. You turn the phone sideways and the button is where a camera button is found on every standard camera. I thought the location was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    The camera button is exactly where it should be. You turn the phone sideways and the button is where a camera button is found on every standard camera. I thought the location was perfect.

Not for me. I keep turning my camera on everytime I pick up my phone and it isn't locked. I have to back out of it multiple times each day.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Not for me. I keep turning my camera on everytime I pick up my phone and it isn't locked. I have to back out of it multiple times each day.

I agree - only I'd get rid of it altogether. You are already looking at the screen, so you can just hit the shutter button that is there. The camera sucks anyway - 2 to 3 second delay before the shutter actually operates is ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links