LG Ally 2.1 Maintenance Release 9/17/10....Temp Pin

This is a discussion on LG Ally 2.1 Maintenance Release 9/17/10....Temp Pin within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I got the notification last night. The phone shut down and resarted then hung at the triangle above the android screen. I barely touched the ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally 2.1 Maintenance Release 9/17/10....Temp Pin

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I got the notification last night. The phone shut down and resarted then hung at the triangle above the android screen. I barely touched the power button and recovery came up. I did not get the update and really don't care at this point.

Same thing. Triangle power button !. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    The update should fix some of these issues:

• Rebooting
    • Outlook Sync
    • Memory Issues
    • Slugishness
    • Battery Lifetime
    • MicroSD Issues
    • Camera Issues

One thing not on your list that I hope is addressed is the lack of alpha characters on the in-service keypad. That's one of those what-were-they-thinking mistakes. Plus, it's an LG error, so it would make sense to address it with a "maintenance release."

Well apparently the airplane mode workaround no longer works for the 50% bug!!! That really ticks me off, now what am I supposed to do?

The more I read about this update on this and other forums, the more I think I'm going to skip this update for as long as I can. Just seems like it causes more problems than it fixes and adds more useless apps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    The update should fix some of these issues:

• Rebooting
    • Outlook Sync
    • Memory Issues
    • Slugishness
    • Battery Lifetime
    • MicroSD Issues
    • Camera Issues

Happy Birthday to me -- Just moments after midnight, my phone let me know that the update had arrived. I delayed it long enough to finish what I was doing, then checked for updates under settings>about phone, and there it was, waiting on me. The update took scarcely five minutes to download, but the automatic reboot took at least that long. The flashing "ANDROID" was up so long I became a bit concerned.

BTW, my software version is now VS740ZVB. It makes sense: "B" comes after "8," right?

After the restart, I did nothing special. I didn't restart it again, didn't pull the battery, etc. The first thing I did was to check for my downloaded apps -- all present and accounted for, and all of the ones I checked seemed to work fine. Ditto with widgets. The second thing I did was play around with some of the things AA listed as fixes. Following are my quick impressions.

• Rebooting -- Well, it hasn't crashed yet! Time will tell...

• Outlook sync -- I'm on a Mac, so it's not applicable.

• Memory issues -- I don't know that I was having memory issues, so possibly not applicable. I did however check to seem how much RAM I have available, and it hasn't magically doubled or anything like that.

• Sluggishness -- Wow. It's like the processor fairy slipped into my phone and overclocked the processor. I am not kidding. Lag when moving between homescreens? Gone. (Annoying as heck) lag when waking the phone up and trying to enter the unlock pattern? Gone. Lag when making a phone call? Gone. It's a significant improvement in my phone's performance. It has greatly increased my satisfaction level with the overall way my phone operates, and would have been a massive improvement if it was the only thing "fixed" by the update.

• Battery lifetime -- Time will tell...

• MicroSD issues -- I don't know that I was having any. Probably not applicable.

• Camera issues -- Another wow moment for me. The camera seems to load a bit more quickly, but the main thing is that the heinous shutter lag has been greatly reduced and almost eliminated. The result: less gnashing of teeth, more shots taken in a shorter time span.

The one issue I know of they didn't address is the lack of alpha characters on the inservice dial screen.

Overall, a 5-star experience.

Quote Originally Posted by C0D34RCH3R View Post
    Well apparently the airplane mode workaround no longer works for the 50% bug!!! That really ticks me off, now what am I supposed to do?

i heard the update fixes it. give it a day or two.

Still no update. I hate waiting.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by John23ally View Post
    Happy Birthday to me -- Just moments after midnight, my phone let me know that the update had arrived. I delayed it long enough to finish what I was doing, then checked for updates under settings>about phone, and there it was, waiting on me. The update took scarcely five minutes to download, but the automatic reboot took at least that long. The flashing "ANDROID" was up so long I became a bit concerned.

BTW, my software version is now VS740ZVB. It makes sense: "B" comes after "8," right?

After the restart, I did nothing special. I didn't restart it again, didn't pull the battery, etc. The first thing I did was to check for my downloaded apps -- all present and accounted for, and all of the ones I checked seemed to work fine. Ditto with widgets. The second thing I did was play around with some of the things AA listed as fixes. Following are my quick impressions.

• Rebooting -- Well, it hasn't crashed yet! Time will tell...

• Outlook sync -- I'm on a Mac, so it's not applicable.

• Memory issues -- I don't know that I was having memory issues, so possibly not applicable. I did however check to seem how much RAM I have available, and it hasn't magically doubled or anything like that.

• Sluggishness -- Wow. It's like the processor fairy slipped into my phone and overclocked the processor. I am not kidding. Lag when moving between homescreens? Gone. (Annoying as heck) lag when waking the phone up and trying to enter the unlock pattern? Gone. Lag when making a phone call? Gone. It's a significant improvement in my phone's performance. It has greatly increased my satisfaction level with the overall way my phone operates, and would have been a massive improvement if it was the only thing "fixed" by the update.

• Battery lifetime -- Time will tell...

• MicroSD issues -- I don't know that I was having any. Probably not applicable.

• Camera issues -- Another wow moment for me. The camera seems to load a bit more quickly, but the main thing is that the heinous shutter lag has been greatly reduced and almost eliminated. The result: less gnashing of teeth, more shots taken in a shorter time span.

The one issue I know of they didn't address is the lack of alpha characters on the inservice dial screen.

Overall, a 5-star experience.

I'm guessing you didn't do a factory reset afterward. Some people say it's a good idea to do that after an update such as this. I don't mind doing that but I'm still on the fence about whether or not to install the update. This is the only rave review I've seen on the update.

Well I guess it may have fixed the 50% bug,but something is weird. Time without signal is still at 50 but battery usage of radio is 12 at the same time? Doesn't make sense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links