LG Ally 2.1 Maintenance Release 9/17/10....Temp Pin

This is a discussion on LG Ally 2.1 Maintenance Release 9/17/10....Temp Pin within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; So...how do we remove all these "new apps" that showed up?? (i.e. Skype, City ID, etc...) right now I have Advanced Task Killer Free killing ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LG Ally 2.1 Maintenance Release 9/17/10....Temp Pin

So...how do we remove all these "new apps" that showed up?? (i.e. Skype, City ID, etc...) right now I have Advanced Task Killer Free killing them every hour or so..I may need to make it more frequent.

I was busy fiddling with something else the other day and didn't even realize my phone had gotten an update...the 5+ minute "Android" logo as Johnny noted above was the tip off.

Do I have to have all this crap running? BTW the update killed a few of my widgets...so far, re-installation seems to have fixed most of them.

Sounds like the update is working for 50% of us and not working right for the other 50%. Sounds like another 50% bug!

Anyway, the only way you can remove those apps is to root your phone and hope that, by removing them, it doesn't interfere with other apps. Keep in mind, rooting your phone voids its warranty.

Have the update and, as said previously, several apps stopped working, though re-installation seems to have fixed those problems. However, ever since the update, my Yahoo Mail account that I have set up on the phone does not seem to be working properly. It will pull e-mail just fine, however, when i delete it on the phone, it does not delete from the actual mail box. So the next time the phone checks the box, it pulls all the mail that I just deleted all over again. Going to try setting up the account again and see if it makes a difference, will let ya'll know. Any other ideas though?

vol4one..thanks..I should have done more reading. I always check this forum first - then I went over to the LG Forum and found that these are forced on us. Oh well..

I also noticed that I had to re-install my Navionics AGAIN. I may be contacting them to find out what the scoop is. Funny that I have to re-install my one paid app every time I reboot the phone.

Thank you all for your input. I think for right now I'm going to hold off on updating it. Why do it if it's going to cause me more work? This is kind of disappointing, here we have this android system, pay so much every month for a data package, and the phone keeps screwing up. Do other brands (Droid, Droid 2 and Droid X) have these similar issues?

It is my understanding that all Android phones have issues. Just read some of the forums for other phones and you will see that the LG Ally has fewer issues than most other phones.

I finally got my update at 4:00. It took a little less than 10 minutes. I did a factory reset which took another 5 minutes. I then spent the next 45 minutes re-installing my favorite apps (See list below) and moving the icons to the screens I want them on.

1st Screen = Games and My Apps

2nd Screen = Productivity and Settings

Main Screen = Phone, Messaging, Navigation, etc.

4th Screen = Multi Media

5th Screen = Internet

Re-installed Apps

Alchemy * Simple Weight Recorder * Whac A Mole * AndFTP * Flickster * Jewels * Dolphin * Adobe * Kindle * Compass * Applock * Notepad * Astro * Wifinder * Advanced Task Killer * Godaddy Mobile * App Inventor * Google Translate * Barcode Scanner * HTML Colors * Trap * Pandora * Ringdroid * Stop Watch * World War * USA Today * The Weather Channel

So far, I like the speed of the home screens and the gallery. I did get an error opening Think Free but I think it was because I don't have a good network at work.

I still have 59.56MB free for my internal phone storage. I only had about 21 MB before the upgrade. Although I image a lot of that was cache information.

I turned the phone off and back on again after making all my changes. All applications are still available but I have not yet tried to run any of them.
    Motorola Droid 4

Members and readers,...please take a moment and read posting #8 and #19 over here,... http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/13...yo-22temp-pin/

It's good advice that can save you lots of time and frustration.

On my phone, any app identified as "protected" -- free or paid -- quits working after a reboot. A hard reset did not fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    On my phone, any app identified as "protected" -- free or paid -- quits working after a reboot. A hard reset did not fix the problem.

Hmm, none of my apps are protected. I would guess that a protected app would need to be updated by the developer before it would work correctly with the new version of Android that we now have.

Okay, I just tried this with Paypal Mobile. I had removed it prior to the upgrade and it is a protected app. I installed it and then rebooted and it is no longer working. So the problem is with apps that are protected. Not sure if this is an Android issue or a developer issue.

I posted this issue on the LG Forum:

http://www.lgforum.c...tions-or-issues
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Lurker zaphodbebleebrox's Avatar
    my email notification light has quit working. + plus the paid app that no longer works but thats a diff topic. is anyone having trouble with their email notification

light not coming on?

when a new email come through, the phone makes its normal sound & light blinks GREEN & goes off. light does not stay on.

IMAGINE PEOPLE, verizon cant get a minor version update right, how TOTALLY MESSED UP would 2.2 FROYO BE ???????

can anyone help with the email notification light ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links