"ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

This is a discussion on "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2) within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Got the update late last night, took what seemed a long time to do its thing. Just learning my way around the phone so I ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

Got the update late last night, took what seemed a long time to do its thing. Just learning my way around the phone so I don't know if I'll notice much of a difference. I did have to un/reinstall the pay pal, history eraser, and tv.com apps. Youtube widget half works and an app trial called city id was added. Can't seem to get rid of it.

I've seen a better performance in speed when I open applications that has been refreshing. However, a few of my apps don't open and force close (NY Times). Hope this doesn't continue - its a drag.

Anybody else have an update of how the update affected their phone? Anybody get and do what AA suggested by doing a factory reset afterward? It popped up on my phone this morning and I clicked on the install later. I would like to know how it's going to work before installing.

I'm still waiting on my upgrade.
    Motorola Droid 4

You can't revert back if you don't like it, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    You can't revert back if you don't like it, correct?

I don't think you will be able to until someone figures out how to root the new softwar.
    Motorola Droid 4

AA, I'm also still waiting... I even checked for updates and none are available. I guess we'll get it when we get it!

I got the update last night. I initially had problems with both the YouTube and NY Times widgets. I corrected this my deleting the YouTube widget from the home screen and then re-installing. I had to not only delete the NY Times widget but uninstall the app. I then downloaded it again and re-installed it. They both work fine now.

I have not used the phone much since the update, but I can notice no obvious performance difference.

I have not got it yet, but post #8 by AA is very good advice, I plan on doing the same thing. After the software upgrade, I will go through settings and verify it is indeed installed. I'm not sure, but like AA mentioned, I suspect it will say V9. Is it?...great....follow posting 8, and after the reset, again verify V9,. then reload just the apps I really want most. Use the phone and see what happens.

I'm sure this thread will grow in the next few days, and thanks members for your input

Edit,...it is VB, not V9.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I don't think we will not see the 50% bug go away until we get froyo. I also have a sneaking suspicion that this update is verizons way of getting us to shut up about the froyo update. My theory is we will never get it. I know its been announced but I think once enough time goes and better phones come out it will just be forgotten. It happened with a lot of phones with the 2.1 release. Just my theory.

Pretty sure Verizon isn't in charge of when all the Google software is released to the phones. Android phones aren't just on Verizon.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links