"ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

This is a discussion on "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2) within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Okay...got the first pop-up asking me to install when I got up this morning. I hit the INSTALL LATER button in hopes of hearing from ...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

Okay...got the first pop-up asking me to install when I got up this morning. I hit the INSTALL LATER button in hopes of hearing from other users first. So far, it's popped up about 8 times in the last 5 hours. I guess it's either go ahead and install it or continue to be bugged by it every other time I look at my phone. Is there no way to disable that notification?

I got it this morning. It only took maybe a minute. My phone then did a reboot. I have not noticed any performance changes. I guess I will consider myself lucky that none of the apps or wigets I use seem to be a problem. I did notice that there are 5 new apps that I can't uninstall and one of them won't even open.

1. bat.policelight (won't work and force closes)

2. City ID (shows city and state with incomming calls)

3. Corperate DIrectory (I don't remember this being on my phone so I assume it is new)

4. My Verizon (goes directly to verizon and shows current usage kinda cool IMHO)

5. Skype mobile

I have a question after reading posts in this thread....

What is 50% bug?

Under About Phone in Settings there is an item called Battery Use. If you go in here and see a listing called Cell Standy, touch it for details. There will be a field called Time Without Signal. If your TWS is higher than 50%, they say you have the 50% bug.

However, a lot of people think they have the bug when they really don't. You have to take in consideration to how long the phone has been unplugged as well as how much it has been used.

A true 50% bug is when you have more than 50% TWS and you have not used your phone since it was unplugged for more than a couple hours.
    Motorola Droid 4

The fix for the 50% bug was supposed to have been in the last release.
    Motorola Droid 4

So far this update has screwed me. I've got four apps that just gone. World Newspapers pro, MMA Undergound, History Eraser and Mobile Banking. I downloaded them again last night after the upgrade and I check them again this morning and got the same thing. The icons were replaced by the standard droid icon and the app name was replaced by the address of the app(?), for example, Mobile Banking was listed as biz.firethtorn.

Anytime there is an update, google needs to turn the version number on (aka thumbprint) so that apps will work correctly. I have seen a few postings on other boards where apps are not working correctly. It could be that Google has not turned on the version number or the developer will need to update their app.
    Motorola Droid 4

I had to uninstall and reinstall mobile banking. It works now. Fandango doesn't work---but I rarely use it.

Nice edition is corporate directory-----it feeds directly off of my exchange server directory. So now I have both the company exchange directory and my outlook contacts synch'd with the phone. That is a good thing for me.

The city ID thing is crap, had the trial on my previous phone. Anybody know how to turn it off?

This is the reason I suggest doing a factory reset after an upgrade. Once you reinstall your apps, everything should work correctly.

You won't be able to install an app that is not compatible with your version.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Anytime there is an update, google needs to turn the version number on (aka thumbprint) so that apps will work correctly. I have seen a few postings on other boards where apps are not working correctly. It could be that Google has not turned on the version number or the developer will need to update their app.
    Yeah, that is what I'm getting from LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
    I had to uninstall and reinstall mobile banking. It works now. Fandango doesn't work---but I rarely use it.

Nice edition is corporate directory-----it feeds directly off of my exchange server directory. So now I have both the company exchange directory and my outlook contacts synch'd with the phone. That is a good thing for me.

The city ID thing is crap, had the trial on my previous phone. Anybody know how to turn it off?
    Check back on your Mobile Banking app in a few hours. I did the same thing last night and it was gone again today.

City ID has a 15 day free trail. I'm guessing you just have to wait that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    This is the reason I suggest doing a factory reset after an upgrade. Once you reinstall your apps, everything should work correctly.

You won't be able to install an app that is not compatible with your version.
    I really don't want to do the reset, but I may have to. This wouldn't be such a big deal though if it didn't affect my mobile banking app.

The end result of this may be me ditching the ally all together.

updated this morning. No biggie. Had to use the App Killer a couple times because ALL my apps were running, that was wierd. Did notice a "City ID" app was included as a "15 day trial". *yawn*

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links