"ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

This is a discussion on "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2) within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; City ID? Big deal. I rarely get calls from area codes I don't know, and if I do I can just send it to voicemail ...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

City ID? Big deal. I rarely get calls from area codes I don't know, and if I do I can just send it to voicemail and look up the area code. I ain't paying for that.

I use stock alarm clock everyday. Since this update it no longer works. Anyone else? I deleted the alarm then recreated it and it still does not work. yes the alarm volume is on.

Totally agree, not a fan of seeing new apps installed.

So I downloaded the new software, and it removed several apps I PAID for. This is why technology is sometimes maddeningly frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    So I downloaded the new software, and it removed several apps I PAID for. This is why technology is sometimes maddeningly frustrating.

I have not paid for any apps but I believe you can go to the Market and download them again without having to pay for them a second time.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I have not paid for any apps but I believe you can go to the Market and download them again without having to pay for them a second time.

Correct, you WILL NOT have to pay for them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I have not got it yet, but post #8 by AA is very good advice, I plan on doing the same thing. After the software upgrade, I will go through settings and verify it is indeed installed. I'm not sure, but like AA mentioned, I suspect it will say V9. Is it?...great....follow posting 8, and after the reset, again verify V9,. then reload just the apps I really want most. Use the phone and see what happens.

I'm sure this thread will grow in the next few days, and thanks members for your input

Hi All~

I got the update yesterday (I was in the Columbia area of SC), and it seems to have made the "50%" bug go away. I've had my phone on with moderate use for 5 hours (cell calls and email) and I still have 78% battery left. Cell standby is only 4% of total usage (with the most being Android Application, which makes sense).

Overall speed seems just fine, though I run Advanced Task Killer to keep it clean, so maybe that is helping. The new apps are useless to me and I wish I could unload them for memory's sake. There have been no spontaneous reboots, and my Outlook Exchange calendar will sync, but when I enable it, the email for the exchange account kicks me out, so I have to disable the calendar. No biggie for now, but hopefully they will fix this with 2.2. The camera is more responsive, as is the Gallery. Overall, I'm good with this last update. BTW - I did do a hard reset after install. That may have made a difference for me.

Also, as suggested in another forum, the fact that this update is version "B" may suggest that it is actually version 11, in hexadecimal! Just a thought...

First post

Not happy about the update. I will never use the new apps Verizon rudely pushed to me, especially the City ID. It says its for incoming calls but its also for outgoing calls and isn't very accurate. 4 of my apps were gone. 2 were games that i don't really need anyway but one was my quick alarm and the other was a calorie counter app. I took someone's suggestion and uninstalled the apps and re downloaded them from the market and then restarted my phone. Only the quick alarm works. However; i did notice that I don't hear that annoying Verizon music upon reboot. That's the only good news.

Too funny! I just came on here today & read this new topic & literally right after I closed out of it, I got an update...weird.

So, the update took about 5-6 min total including the phone restarting itself.

The phone seems to be as fast as it was before.

As others have stated, I did have several apps missing including 1 I had paid for. The only thing I did was uninstalled all the apps that were in my appbrain management area that didn't have the normal picture. Then, I went to the market (without restarting my phone) & installed those apps again (including the 1 I paid for). For me, at least, it seemed to download much faster than before (may be just my phone, though). I went o find those apps after download & install & they were all there with their normal pictures & they worked.

I rebooted the phone & ALL of those apps were gone again (just pic of the android thing). I think I'll wait a few days before I do a factory reset, though. I really don't want to if I can help it. If I have to, I have to. I'll wait & see. Will let you know if I do & what happens.

Loveally

My husband and I got the upgrade about 4:30 this morning. My calendar reminder app "Nudnick" wouldn't work (developer suggested uninstall and reinstall) works great now. It also made our Digital Clock Widget not work. Uninstalled and reinstalled - all works fine now. Don't notice any difference in the phone otherwise.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links