"ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

This is a discussion on "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2) within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; The apps will work if you reinstall them, but when you restart the phone, they will be gone again. The update didn't fix my 50% ...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

The apps will work if you reinstall them, but when you restart the phone, they will be gone again.

The update didn't fix my 50% bug either.

For those of you who uninstalled & reinstalled & said it worked, have you RESTARTED the phone? If so, did your apps work? I did this exact thing too but when I restarted the phone, my apps were gone again.

Got the update today, had to install several apps again, which is annoying. Kinda afraid to reboot it as I do not want to go through installing my apps again. No change in performance that i see though. Just extra unnecesary apps and the ones I use are not all working.

Is there any way to make the message quit coming up? I really don't want to update. It's almost 25 mb!! Some people only have that much left anyway.

I got the update this morning and it wiped out a couple APs.

Battery Alarm, History Eraser and Fandango would not work anymore. I uninstalled each and re-installed.

Then when I updated my roaming and the phone re-booted it knocked them out again...

I finally got the update and like others the Youtube widget search button is bugged and the video preview gets cut off in landscape mode

the only other program that didn't work for me was TV.com but a uninstall/reinstall fixed it and it works fine now

the overall speed of the phone seems to have improved when scrolling through the app drawer or switching between the 7 screens I use with Launcher Pro and also the startup time of apps seems to have improved

I did notice when I look at settings>>applications>>running services the numbers displayed there are different: before the update it would say for example 35MB+13MB in 11 but after the update it says 13MB+35MB in 11

I can't comment yet on any of the effects on battery life or if this update had any effect on the 50% bug

Okay, so it's Thursday night. I live in FL. I have no update..... I suppose I will get it tomorrow if at all bu after reading more posts, I'm not sure it's going to me a good thing! Do we have to have this update in order to upgrade to Froyo when that becomes available??

Thanks everyone!

I live in FL and got the update last night. Also my mother has the same phone, went by her place today, and she has yet to get the update.

In FL. Just got my update. Still determining wether or not to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by joestacey06 View Post
    Is there any way to make the message quit coming up? I really don't want to update. It's almost 25 mb!! Some people only have that much left anyway.

Just as an FYI, I noticed no net loss in RAM. I had about 40-45 megs before the update and about the same after. My guess is that it's not layering, but stripping out stuff and replacing it.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links