"ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

This is a discussion on "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2) within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I am seeing what others are seeing. About half my apps won't work and must be uninstalled and reinstalled, and then when my phone reboots ...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

I am seeing what others are seeing. About half my apps won't work and must be uninstalled and reinstalled, and then when my phone reboots (which it does about 5-6 times on its own every day) the apps won't work again. So far neither of the 2 clock widgets will work on my main page, even the one I paid for. This really bites as now I can't use an app that I've paid for. I don't know what other changes were made, but I am noticing the battery draining MUCH faster than it formerly did. I'm not sure they did a good thing here.... Whoever updates the software really needs to consider fixing these issues quickly or you will have a lot of upset Ally users

Well, I got the GOTA message early this morning. I hesitated for about 2 minutes then decided to go for it. I said "Yes" to the update which then restarted my phone but that's all. It stopped there. I have gone to System Updates and it says I am up to date. The software version is still at 8. I have a sneaking suspicion that this must have something to to with my being rooted. I have not gotten another message prompting me to update. Should I take this as a sign?? Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda829 View Post
    Well, I got the GOTA message early this morning. I hesitated for about 2 minutes then decided to go for it. I said "Yes" to the update which then restarted my phone but that's all. It stopped there. I have gone to System Updates and it says I am up to date. The software version is still at 8. I have a sneaking suspicion that this must have something to to with my being rooted. I have not gotten another message prompting me to update. Should I take this as a sign?? Any suggestions??

I have exactly the same problem Yoda and am rooted as well. From what I am reading, we might be better off where we are for now! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by loveally View Post
    For those of you who uninstalled & reinstalled & said it worked, have you RESTARTED the phone? If so, did your apps work? I did this exact thing too but when I restarted the phone, my apps were gone again.

I did a complete factory reset after the upgrade and then reinstalled my apps. All of them are still there and still working.
    Motorola Droid 4

Why is skype mobile always running? I don't use it and never have. Is there a way to keep it from automatically running?

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    I have exactly the same problem Yoda and am rooted as well. From what I am reading, we might be better off where we are for now! LOL

Same here.

Android Lurker zaphodbebleebrox's Avatar
    because my PAID app is disappearing after power off & back on, i did a privacy---> wipe data factory reset. did not fix the problem. i can go to market & re-install & the app is great till i power the phone off again.

my phone is much quicker after doing the factory reset though and i have 98 mg free of storage even after adding my apps back.

but this paid app thing seems like a real problem to me, i think it will require another update & fast.

overall iam happy with the update, but this app problem needs to be fixed !!!

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbebleebrox View Post
    because my PAID app is disappearing after power off & back on, i did a privacy---> wipe data factory reset. did not fix the problem. i can go to market & re-install & the app is great till i power the phone off again.

my phone is much quicker after doing the factory reset though and i have 98 mg free of storage even after adding my apps back.

but this paid app thing seems like a real problem to me, i think it will require another update & fast.

overall iam happy with the update, but this app problem needs to be fixed !!!

The problem may be with the app and not with Android. Try contacting the programmer and see if he knows of any issues.
    Motorola Droid 4

never got the update; anyone else not get it?

"STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Well I just updated last night. It was a nice surprise, although a halfway letdown because I thought with a little hope that it might have been froyo.... only to realize its just a prerelease update. But when my phone first restarted I was wayyy more than just disappointed. I was furious! Many of my widgets didn't work and 4 or 5 of my apps didn't work > as well as having 3 new apps installed (city id trial, skype and corporate dictionary or somthing like that {not sure if the corp thing was already there and I just haven't noticed or what}) so I restarted my phone hopeing that this all would be fixed..... well it fixed some things.... like my widgets worked and worked better than before but my apps didn't and I had to uninstall them and reinstall those ones I wanted to keep (just restarted my phone and now they don't work again, now I'm even more furious than before about this update!) and those 3 random new apps I think were installed are still there.... but after reading about the apps one one seems slighty useful to me (I like the city id thing, but if I have the choice to buy the full version I won't because it isn't somthing neccessary to me.... just a cool little extra for me) and the other two are completely useless (skype? I just don't get why u would make a phone call or message useing that and the corporate dictionary? I don't have a clue what that does)..... what do you guys think of it?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links