"ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

This is a discussion on "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2) within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 I've had the update, and everything is working pretty much the same as before. Nothing screwing up, noticed the new apps, ...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    I've had the update, and everything is working pretty much the same as before. Nothing screwing up, noticed the new apps, but nothing that I've noticed that's much better than before.

i finally got the update on saturday and everything seems the same as before for me as well.

all apps seem to working correctly, no issues so far.
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Aethyal, Just the fact that your update took so long raises a huge red flag to me -- mine phone was out of service for only about 10 minutes, and that's the time frame I've read in other posts. It sounds like something went awry with the Google Over The Air update. I would try the factory reset as AA suggests.

I lost some apps after the update as well. I contacted one of the developers to see if it was something on his end that needed to be fixed and it isn't. I sent him my logs and he said it's an issue with the update that isn't allowing the system to see the apps once we reboot. He refunded me because he couldn't fix it. I feel bad not only for us, but for the developers who are going to be taking a hit because of this update.

I'm having similar problems to those previously reported. I got the system update on Thursday, and it seemed to download without much trouble, but even after a hard reboot there are a half dozen apps that just won't work. They all work if I uninstall and reinstall, but as soon as the phone reboots they're gone again.

The impacted apps are a mixture of paid and free programs.

That I recall, I've had trouble with ESPN's Fantasy Football App and Score Update App, two different Verizon Apps (the one that lets me pay my bill and the one that lets me set the Fios DVR), and the NY Times. This is in addition to a smattering of comic strip things and rinky dink programs. Based on comments for most of these in the market, I'm not alone. It's shocking to me that major developers were caught so off-guard by this update that they weren't able to accommodate for it. Seriously, how does Verizon not know this is coming?!

The problems might be more bearable, of course, if the pay off wasn't limited to knowing which cell tower is assigned to my friends' cell phones.

The apps going flaky problem ... people, quit telling folks to do factory reset. It DOES NOT HELP.

It is all in the update, and we'll have to wait until they fix it ... if and when they do.

It's a solid pattern, cold reboot means you have to reinstall all of the apps that go bad. It is NOT the apps fault. I can imagine a "few" apps by private individuals might not behave right if not programmed right, but we're seeing apps from folks like Garmin and Fox News not working.

Quote Originally Posted by premier1guy View Post
    The apps going flaky problem ... people, quit telling folks to do factory reset. It DOES NOT HELP.

It is all in the update, and we'll have to wait until they fix it ... if and when they do.

It's a solid pattern, cold reboot means you have to reinstall all of the apps that go bad. It is NOT the apps fault. I can imagine a "few" apps by private individuals might not behave right if not programmed right, but we're seeing apps from folks like Garmin and Fox News not working.

I do not blindly suggest something just because I feel like it. I do as much research as possible before giving an answer. If I am not sure of the answer that I have found, I will say something like "This may or may not work" or "This is what someone else said to do but I have not tried it." I also try to make sure that the directions I give are simple and easy to follow. I will go through the steps on my own phone to make sure that I don't miss a step and cause more confusion. I have been wrong a few times but there are others here who have stepped in and helped get the right information.

But I will not stop telling people to do a factory reset. There is an issue with "Protected" apps only but a factory reset will still take care of 90% of all the other issues. It amazes me that people will complain about their phone not working and spend days fooling with it when a factory reset will handle most of their issues in an hour or two. Guess what, I did a factory reset and other than one "Protected" app, I have had 0 issues. It only took me an hour to re-install all of my other apps and there was 36 of them.
    Motorola Droid 4

I have gotten the update but when I download and install it, I get a exclamation mark during the installation, and then the phone reboots. I also try to do a factory reset, re-download and reinstall it but it does the same thing. However, when I go to system updates it says "Your system is currently up to date". When I look at the SW Version, it says I have VS740ZV8. The only thing I can think of is I used the Universal Androot 1.6 awhile back and got rid of some unnecessary apps.

BTW, I did a factory reset and it did not help the problem with my four apps, 2 paid and 2 free, at all.

At this point there is little I can do besides say oh well and hope that 2.2 gets here sooner, if at all....

A paid app would be protected since the developer wouldn't want you to create a backup that you could then pass on to your friends.

Most free apps are unprotected but there are some that are protected. An example is the Paypal app.

One way to check if an app is protected or not is to use Astro and try to create a backup. A protected app will say protected and not allow you to back it up.

LG is aware of the issue and I am still waiting on an answer from them.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I do not blindly suggest something just because I feel like it. I do as much research as possible before giving an answer. If I am not sure of the answer that I have found, I will say something like "This may or may not work" or "This is what someone else said to do but I have not tried it." I also try to make sure that the directions I give are simple and easy to follow. I will go through the steps on my own phone to make sure that I don't miss a step and cause more confusion. I have been wrong a few times but there are others here who have stepped in and helped get the right information.

But [b]I will not stop telling people to do a factory reset. There is an issue with "Protected" apps only but a factory reset will still take care of 90% of all the other issues. It amazes me that people will complain about their phone not working and spend days fooling with it when a factory reset will handle most of their issues in an hour or two. Guess what, I did a factory reset and other than one "Protected" app, I have had 0 issues. It only took me an hour to re-install all of my other apps and there was 36 of them.

Okay, didn't mean to be bossy ... I should've have just said ... the factory reset did not fix the apps problem AT ALL with my friends or my Ally. And, looking at other posts (here or there), it didn't fix the rebooting problem either, at least for them ... not sure about the YouTube problems.

And, YES ... factory reset is practically always a sure fire way to remedy problems, and should always be considered as the great fall back (pain that it is ... though there are some great apps that backup apps to SD card, so reinstall is much quicker).

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links