"ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

This is a discussion on "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2) within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; just curious if anyone has gotten the new 2.1 Ally update talked about in this thread on the LG forum and what their experiences with ...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "ZVC" update (before we get froyo 2.2)

just curious if anyone has gotten the new 2.1 Ally update talked about in this thread on the LG forum and what their experiences with the new update have been

I haven't personally got the update yet but looking at the info in that thread all Allys should be updated by maybe this next Friday (9/24)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you read the original thread over at LGForum.com it looks like the stock YouTube Widget is not working.

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/...released-today

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    If you read the original thread over at LGForum.com it looks like the stock YouTube Widget is not working.

http://www.lgforum.c...-released-today

yea I saw the posts about some of the problems and wondered if anyone else was having similar problems on this forum who have updated

People should know before updating about any problems that can happen

imho I can live with the youtube widget being bugged after the update as long as there is a chance that damn 50% bug is finally fixed on my Ally

I don't think we will not see the 50% bug go away until we get froyo. I also have a sneaking suspicion that this update is verizons way of getting us to shut up about the froyo update. My theory is we will never get it. I know its been announced but I think once enough time goes and better phones come out it will just be forgotten. It happened with a lot of phones with the 2.1 release. Just my theory.

Ok so I just got the update. Phone seems slower overall. Things that used to scroll smoothly now either lag or take several tries before they will move like scrolling from one home screen to the next and browsing images in the Gallery.

The YouTube widget is definitely not working though the YouTube apps does work fine.

3 of my apps are no longer working which happen to be apps I use all the time, In2Flick NetFlix Queue Manager, Fandango, and HistoryEraser. These 3 apps will work if uninstall them then reinstall but on next phone reboot they will no longer work.

Pretty much a disappointment for me. I wish I could revert back

Is there a way to NOT get the update?

how do we know we have the new update?

what is the new SW/Firmware version?

"STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

I will just do what I did with the last upgrade. After I get it, I will do a factory reset to make sure that everything is clean. Then I will reload my favorite apps. It is a lot of work but imo saved me a lot of headaches.

I used Astro File Manager to backup the apps I want to keep to my SD Card. That way I don't have to search the market for them again.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Venez68 View Post
    how do we know we have the new update?

what is the new SW/Firmware version?

VS740ZVB is the number of the new software version I believe

VS740ZV8 is the software version for the last upgrade. If anything, the upgrade for this week would be VS740ZV9 but that is just a guess.

I just saw over on LG's forum that the new version is VS740ZVB which is what Jazz said it was. Sorry Jazz, I thought you had a typo and keyed "B" instead of "8".
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links