50% bug since recent update

This is a discussion on 50% bug since recent update within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by awesome Since the update I have had several problems including a jewel app that i paid for and downloaded, everytime my phone ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50% bug since recent update

Quote Originally Posted by awesome View Post
    Since the update I have had several problems including a jewel app that i paid for and downloaded, everytime my phone is shut off then rebooted it disappears and gives a market app sign and i am not able to go into it, it gives an error and gets out of the menu, and i have to go uninstall it and reinstall it. There was also a few apps that I DIDN'T want like SKYPE on my phone that i am forced to have and nothing I can do in the settings will stop it from starting all the time, so it eats up battery life, the corprate calender and also the visual vm that i don't use.

The same exact thing is happening to me with a clock widget I purchased (and only started happening after I did a factory reset recently actually). Everytime I restart my phone, I lose the widget and it is no longer in my list of widgets. It is in my list of applications though, with the generic market app sign also (not the icon it should show). The only way to get it back is to uninstall then reinstall.

To jump on board,... it has also happened to me. 2 of my apps are lost to the generic icon after a restart. They are both free apps but it is a pain to uninstall/reinstall every time.

The issue of the apps that convert to the default icon is already being discussed in too many threads. This thread was about the return of the 50% bug.

LG is aware of the problem and I have posted this information in one of the other threads.
    Motorola Droid 4

just checked mine. 18% cell stand by. time on 6h 8m 31s. time without signal 2%

My 50% bug fluctuates. Sometimes it's pretty good, hovering around 37%, at other times, it's way up there, around 75%. There seems to be no set pattern.

I thought I had the 50% bug as well. then on Saturday I stayed home all day. Time without signal was 2% after being unplugged for 6 hours. That makes me think mine is the building I work in. and the area I live. I live right on the Md./De line so i am constantly losing calls as they switch towers between the two states.

On Monday, I had a really good day with my phone. It stayed at 16%-17% cell standby all day and the battery was still at 28% when I put it on the charger at 10pm after taking it off at 6:30am that morning. Yesterday was a "normal" day where I had to put it on the charger at 4pm after taking it off at 6:30am. Not really sure why it fluctuates but if I could get days like Monday every other day, I would be very pleased!

One thing that I did notice on Monday was that Android System was using the most battery while cell standby was so low. Looking at my phone now, Android System is not even showing up. Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    yes i'm sure. I went to Settings>privacy>factory Data Reset. Then after the phone reset and booted up it walked me through a setup wizard which calls *228 and I entered option 1.

The reset process does initiate with a call to *228. You could bypass this by touching each corner at that Android screen from top left, top right, lower right, lower left corners. I know- weird right? Anyway, when you call *228, option 1 is to Activate or program the phone. Option 2 is to update your roaming capabilities. Just in case, call it again and use option 2.

Cell Standby is at 75%, and Phone Idle is at 25%. Of course that's 100% of practically no power because I still have pretty much a full battery.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links