50% bug since recent update

This is a discussion on 50% bug since recent update within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Is it just me or did this problem get worse with the recent update? I used to be able to go into Airplane Mode then ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50% bug since recent update

Is it just me or did this problem get worse with the recent update? I used to be able to go into Airplane Mode then reboot and I would be fine until next reboot. This doesn't work anymore. My time without signal is now always 75% or higher no matter what and battery is draining faster than ever. I also tried the *#*# blah blah fix and that no longer seems to work either. way to go LG or Google or Verizon or whoever is responsible for this disgrace of an update.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you also do a *228 Option 2?

I think it got worse after the update too. It seemed to improve after doing *228. I am at 46% TWS instead of 97%.
    Motorola Droid 4

I did a complete factory reset after the update which forces a *228.

I stayed around 33% before the update. Now it stays at 50%-53% all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I did a complete factory reset after the update which forces a *228.

Are you sure about that? A factory reset will restore the phone's software to what it would be if the phone left the factory with that version of software. There is no way that it would know your area to reset the correct PRL.

If you did a *228 Option 1, that should also update the PRL.
    Motorola Droid 4

the airplane mode/restart resets the TWS back to 0% just like before the recent update for my Ally (I just may have to do it a couple more times to get it to work)

I can have a 75% or greater TWS and I get about the same amount of battery life as when my TWS is showing to be less then 10%

so I don't trust the accuracy of the TWS number displayed and I won't believe that it is accurate until I update to 2.2

I personally don't see much difference in battery life either way. I chalk it up to an inaccurate reading as well. It'll get sorted eventually, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Are you sure about that? A factory reset will restore the phone's software to what it would be if the phone left the factory with that version of software. There is no way that it would know your area to reset the correct PRL.

If you did a *228 Option 1, that should also update the PRL.

yes i'm sure. I went to Settings>privacy>factory Data Reset. Then after the phone reset and booted up it walked me through a setup wizard which calls *228 and I entered option 1.

Ahh, I didn't get that when I did my Factory Reset.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Ahh, I didn't get that when I did my Factory Reset.

Since the update I have had several problems including a jewel app that i paid for and downloaded, everytime my phone is shut off then rebooted it disappears and gives a market app sign and i am not able to go into it, it gives an error and gets out of the menu, and i have to go uninstall it and reinstall it. There was also a few apps that I DIDN'T want like SKYPE on my phone that i am forced to have and nothing I can do in the settings will stop it from starting all the time, so it eats up battery life, the corprate calender and also the visual vm that i don't use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links