Make SW update v9 go away

This is a discussion on Make SW update v9 go away within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I was wondering how to get rid of sw v9 on my ally. I'd really like to update to the new VB , but update ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make SW update v9 go away

I was wondering how to get rid of sw v9 on my ally. I'd really like to update to the new VB, but update is not sending to my phone, as it thinks my software is up to date. Marketplace has sucked since I downloaded v9, and I can't access the same apps as my brother who has VB. Any suggestions? I'm not overly tech savy and do not want to do anything to risk ruining my phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Jut keep waiting. You will get the update eventually.

You might want to try the factory reset. Takes it back to where it was out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by John23ally View Post
    You might want to try the factory reset. Takes it back to where it was out of the box.

Sorry John,

Don't mean to correct you but a factory reset will only reset the phone to the last software version that was installed on the phone. If a user installed version 9, which ws never supposed to have been released, and they did a Factory Reset, they would still have version 9. I do a Factory Reset after every update just to clean my phone and it always stays with my latested upgrade version.
    Motorola Droid 4

The "downgrade" to V8 will not be pushed to someone who is on V9. The phone looks for 'stock' files that it needs to process the update and anyone who upgraded to V9 will have mismatches in system files that will prevent the update.

The people who upgraded to V8, jailbroke, and removed stock applications that were not needed (such as myspace, corp calendar, etc..) also have not gotten the update to VZB because of the same reason. I am considering downgrading to V6, then letting VZW push the updates to me and accepting them.

My bad, AA. Thanks for the correction. I'm yet to have to do a factory reset, so I'm not nearly as familiar with the process as you. Thanks!

AA is right, I can verify,.. been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    The "downgrade" to V8 will not be pushed to someone who is on V9. The phone looks for 'stock' files that it needs to process the update and anyone who upgraded to V9 will have mismatches in system files that will prevent the update.

The people who upgraded to V8, jailbroke, and removed stock applications that were not needed (such as myspace, corp calendar, etc..) also have not gotten the update to VZB because of the same reason. I am considering downgrading to V6, then letting VZW push the updates to me and accepting them.

I am very interested in downgrading and then allowing the updates to come back through. I can't access things in the android market that others can and have a few other gripes about being stuck in v9. Is there a way to downgrade to v6 without having to worry about ruining my phone?

Can't say you won't worry about ruining your phone, but if you want to go all the way back to the stock v6, you can follow these instructions: V6 Stock

I did these steps way back when after I accidentally flashed V9 and it did work. Got the V8 update notice 10 minutes later so maybe you'll get the VZB update notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Can't say you won't worry about ruining your phone, but if you want to go all the way back to the stock v6, you can follow these instructions: V6 Stock

I did these steps way back when after I accidentally flashed V9 and it did work. Got the V8 update notice 10 minutes later so maybe you'll get the VZB update notice.

I did this last week and it did work! Update for V8 came in about 2 minutes, then VZB in another 5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links