TALK ABOUT AWESOME BATTERY LIFE!!!

This is a discussion on TALK ABOUT AWESOME BATTERY LIFE!!! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Just went to check on how much CELL STANDBY usage I had, and to my surprise it only said DISPLAY 60% and WI-FI 40%!! NO ...

Thread: TALK ABOUT AWESOME BATTERY LIFE!!!

Just went to check on how much CELL STANDBY usage I had, and to my surprise it only said DISPLAY 60% and WI-FI 40%!! NO CELL STANDBY!!! And then I glanced up and saw that it said 11225 days 19 hours 16 minutes 29 seconds since unplugged. Boy, wouldn't you be surprised if your Ally could make it 5 days without being plugged in...more-or-less 11225 days!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You must have downloaded the time traveling app.
    Motorola Droid 4

On a somewhat related note, yesterday was a great day for my phone. For some reason, my battery life was excellent yesterday! I took the phone off the charger at 6:30am and it still had 28% battery left at 10:00pm last night! My cell standby was at 16% or 17% the times I checked it yesterday once I realized the battery wasn't running WAYYY down. Normally, I have to throw it on the charger before I leave work at 3:30pm or at least when I get home 30 minutes later. I only wish I knew what was different about yesterday because so far today, I'm at 56% standby and already down to 81% battery after only being off the charger for 2 hours.

I don't think we will ever figure out the battery usage. I have even tried to run some controlled tests (running tests at the same location, same time frame, etc.) And I get results that are all over the board. I can go 4 hours and only use 10% only to run the same test again and get 60% usage.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I don't think we will ever figure out the battery usage.

I could not agree more! And I think part of the reason for that is there are some fundamentally bad math functions going on within the software. And in addition to that, and as I'm sure you well know, batteries perform differently under different conditions -- especially heat -- and with age. I am sure you work hard to ensure consistency in your tests, but you would really have to have a lab-quality environment to get consistent, repeatable results -- and that's if the math's perfect! LOL

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links