unlock pattern or password protect

This is a discussion on unlock pattern or password protect within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; This is my first smart phone. If I lost my flip phones that I had in the past only contacts with phone numbers were in ...

Thread: unlock pattern or password protect

This is my first smart phone. If I lost my flip phones that I had in the past only contacts with phone numbers were in it and if the person was honest, they would probably call one of the contacts to find out who ownes it. That is what a coworker did when he found a phone one time. With the Ally ,my email can be opened with a touch of an app and lots of info. is on there. If it is locked and I lose it, know one would be able to find out who ownes it. I am thinking of locking it and putting a sticker on the back with contact info. if i lose it. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

Thanks for any help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There is a free app on the market called App Lock. You can use this to password protect individual apps on the phone like Email. You also have to remember to password protect Settings and an ATK if you have one or else the person who gets your phone can just go and kill App Lock. I doubt if it would keep a professional thief out but the average person wouldn't be able to get into it.

If we ever get Android 2.2, it has better password protection for the entire phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links