Does anyone else keep a clean home screen?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else keep a clean home screen? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Or is it just me? Despite the ability to add shortcuts, bookmarks, clocks, weather, widgets, etc, I like to keep the screen empty and mostly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else keep a clean home screen?

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Or is it just me?

Despite the ability to add shortcuts, bookmarks, clocks, weather, widgets, etc, I like to keep the screen empty and mostly enjoy whatever wallpaper I have selected. I keep a few apps ready down in the lower "dock" for anything that I use often. Other than that, the app drawer is one click away and I'd rather keep the clutter in there.

LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I see there's a couple different apps for screenshots. Recommendation?

I recently changed my wallpaper to a picture of my wife and me. I moved some icons and widgets so I could see our faces but it's not an empty home screen. Nice wallpaper, BTW!

Here's mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Almost the opposite. Using LauncherPro, all 7 screens have something. Good thing there are 3 customizable, scrolling docks too. They are not all Apps though. Some are browser bookmarks and my File Manager App creates shortcuts so I have some documents linked to my home screens for quick viewing. Yet my "Jorte" calendar Widgets are set to 50% transparency so I do see a lot of screen.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    Or is it just me?

Despite the ability to add shortcuts, bookmarks, clocks, weather, widgets, etc, I like to keep the screen empty and mostly enjoy whatever wallpaper I have selected. I keep a few apps ready down in the lower "dock" for anything that I use often. Other than that, the app drawer is one click away and I'd rather keep the clutter in there.

How do I add to the "lower dock"?

I've not seen a background that's as cool as icons accessible on my homescreen.

MIne has Fancy Widgets clock\weather widget and that's it. Also, I only use one homescreen. I guess i'm just lame that way.

Strangely enough, I use launcher pro, and all seven screens are nearly blank, except for a picture on each screen, and one screen with my Agenda widget. The reason? I like live wallpapers (right now I have a nice Halloween one), and enjoy the way they appear on my phone.

I keep the screens clean with the "Cleaner" app, which wipes the screens completely clean until you hit the back button, at which time your icons reappear.

Thanks GlockMan. Just downloaded the cleaner app. Pretty cool without sacrificing the icons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links