New voicemail without a missed called?

This is a discussion on New voicemail without a missed called? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; This has happened to me at least a handful of times now with the Ally. I'll check my phone and I'll have a notification of ...

Thread: New voicemail without a missed called?

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    This has happened to me at least a handful of times now with the Ally. I'll check my phone and I'll have a notification of a new voicemail, but with no indication that I ever missed a call in the call log or anywhere else. Is this how it's supposed to work? If you miss a call but no message is left, you get a "missed call" alert, but if they do leave a message, you just get a voicemail alert? Or is something goofy going on? Kind of annoying that I can't just quickly check the call log to see who it might have been. Instead I have to call in and listen to it. Is this to pressure people into using Visual Voicemail? I don't pay to have that on my plan.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That has happened to me at times at work. I get very poor reception inside this building so I won't "receive" the call and won't know someone called unless they leave a voicemail. Of course, getting a voicemail notification doesn't require great/any reception I don't think. Is it possible you were in an area with no reception?

ian
    I have seen this many times with other phones on the Verizon network. It is not only with your Ally. As Vol4one said, if the phone doesn't notice that there is an incoming call it can't report it missed.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Hm I suppose that makes sense. If someone calls and I have no signal, it probably goes straight to voicemail for them.

No, I'm not in an area with poor reception, I live in Chicago, but with the Ally I do frequently see that my signal is down at 1 bar. Never had any problems getting a strong signal with Verizon and LG phones in the past. Oh well, hopefully it won't happen to often. I do seem to get a little better signal after updating my phone with the new radio from the latest LG update.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Happens to me all the time but I live about 30 miles outside of a major city.
    Motorola Droid 4

It happened to me today for the first time on the Ally, but I've had it happen many, many times in the past with non-smartphones. I think it's strictly a Verizon problem, probably linked to lapses in service (as noted above), but I'm not ruling out hiccups in the system, either. Cell phones are awesome; the infrastructure that binds them all together, however, is still far from perfect.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links