incomimg texts

This is a discussion on incomimg texts within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hi, I am thinking of getting an Ally and would like to know how incoming texts effect phone usage. On my current phone Env-Touch, Incoming ...

Thread: incomimg texts

Hi, I am thinking of getting an Ally and would like to know how incoming texts effect phone usage. On my current phone Env-Touch, Incoming texts overide every operation of the phone. They interupt internet surfing, texts I am writing, and even beep during phone calls and stop my VZ Navigator from giving directions. Does the Ally have these issues?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't get very many texts so I have not paid too much attention to it but I have not noticed any interuptions in what I have been doing.
    Motorola Droid 4

I don't remember if it beeps during a call but it doesn't interfere with anything else, which is really nice.

I'm like AA, I haven't noticed any myself, but with the enV touch, it's not an issue the phone is made that way.

I found that the light on the right upper hand side flash's and it makes a noise, but does not interupt calls etc.

Anyone know how to save a particular text message or individual message without deleting entire thread? Had someone send me a text that had picture and sound and I would like to save it without saving whole text thread from that person.

The text notification sound while on a call comes from the phone speaker and not the ear piece so it is even less intrusive than you think (unless on speaker phone). You can even open the text App without interrupting the call (just don't touch End or Power).

To save a particular message long-touch it and touch lock. Long-touching should also allow you to save locally but I have not tried with an MMS.

So by locking it it remains attached to that particular text? No way to store it like a picture to enable me to forward it? Which brings me to my next question on how to forward a text?

To save a picture or sound, long press on it and choose "copy to attached SD card". To save it, long press it and choose save. To forward, long press i and choose forward. Think of long press as the right click of android. It will open a new menu when available.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links