Will Rooted phones get Froyo?

This is a discussion on Will Rooted phones get Froyo? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; If we ever do get Froyo will the fact that i'm rooted impact whether or not I get it? I'm not talking about a custom ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Rooted phones get Froyo?

If we ever do get Froyo will the fact that i'm rooted impact whether or not I get it? I'm not talking about a custom ROM, just rooted. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you removed any system apps, you might not. The reason I rooted was to remove useless apps like myspace, amazon, etc... I then could not get the update to VZB because the system files did not match upon updating.

I had to flash back to V6, then update OTA to V8 then VZB.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Like Tazman said, you might have to restore a stock ROM before you can update.

But, I also know that a few guys are slowly attempting to figure out 2.2 on their own so we can get it on our phones without waiting for LG. If that ended up coming true, it would probably be through a ROM that requires root anyway, so in that case, we'd be one step ahead of everyone else. No promises on whether or not they'll be able to figure it out or get it stable, but a few guys are looking at it.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

What if I just restore the apps I removed with Titanium backup then unroot? Would I be good to go if there was an official Froyo release or am I just a simple minded fool for thinking it is that easy

Do you need to borrow the Easy Button?
    Motorola Droid 4

But seriously, will that work?

You cannot restore system apps with T-backup. Believe me, I tried. Only user apps.

I honestly don't know. Rooting is something I have never done so I don't know what the outcome will be.
    Motorola Droid 4

All the system apps are in the market. Can I just install them from there then have all the files I need on my phone for the update to go through?

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    All the system apps are in the market. Can I just install them from there then have all the files I need on my phone for the update to go through?
    It's doubtful, as they may be different versions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links