Can somebody please explain this upgrade mess to me?

This is a discussion on Can somebody please explain this upgrade mess to me? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I downloaded V9 from LG's website when it was released, and I haven't had any issues with it. I needed the Corporate Calendar app, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can somebody please explain this upgrade mess to me?

I downloaded V9 from LG's website when it was released, and I haven't had any issues with it. I needed the Corporate Calendar app, and it's been a big help.

I haven't seen any update notices for the new one, VB, and when I check my system software it says I'm up to date.

I'd really like to be able to access the Corporate Directory app in the newest update, but I'm not sure how to get on the same page as LG/Verizon. I downloaded the Corporate Directory apk and it won't install on my device (immediately says "Application not installed" when I try).

If V9 wasn't an official release, then what the heck was it doing on LG's website? How do I get caught up? I reallllllly want to get this sorted out in time for the supposed FroYo update.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The last upgrade was only for V8. LG did not design it to work for V9. The reason is because V9 was never supposed to have been released to the general public.

According to LG's website, they are aware of the issue and working on it but as usual they won't give an ETA on a fix.

The suggested solution is to flash back to V6 and then upgrade to V8 so that you can then upgrade to VB.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'm still pretty new to Android in general. How do I flash back to V6?

**Edit --- trying out Velocity v .3 now

Don't really know but this thread might help: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...-recovery.html
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    If you're running a custom ROM you will not receive an OTA update, the custom recovery needed to flash the ROM blocks them. Unless you go back to the stock ROM and recovery you won't be able to get OTAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    If you're running a custom ROM you will not receive an OTA update, the custom recovery needed to flash the ROM blocks them. Unless you go back to the stock ROM and recovery you won't be able to get OTAs.

I just installed the custom rom today.

How do I remove the custom recovery so I can flash a stock rom?

Follow this thread EXACTLY step by step to flash back to V6. The system will then auto update to V8, then VZB. I tried it and it worked perfectly!

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-th...ck-lg-rom.html

I did. My phone went back to V6... BUT... Clockwork recovery is still on there, so I still can't get the new updates (says software is up to date).

What is clockwork recovery? Did you do *#*#CHECKIN#*#* to force the updates?

Thanks Taz....good advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links