Sudden dramatic battery life increase?

This is a discussion on Sudden dramatic battery life increase? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I'm new here, hello all Anyway, my battery life has mysteriously increased within the past few days and I was wondering if anyone on here ...

Thread: Sudden dramatic battery life increase?

I'm new here, hello all

Anyway, my battery life has mysteriously increased within the past few days and I was wondering if anyone on here might know why. Did Verizon recently push an update out automatically? My battery has gone from needing to be charged every night when I go to bed to...I think I last charged it on Friday afternoon and now it is Sunday morning and I'm at 63%. As far as I know I haven't changed anything that would affect the battery life. I've been using it only slightly less heavily lately.

It's especially weird because I've been trying to optimize the battery life ever since I got the phone a month ago. The longevity was abysmal at first, then I did the airplane mode fix a bunch of times (ironically the time without a signal reads 53% today) and reduced the email check frequency. That got me to the 24 hr mark but barely. If I was out late it would be dead by the time I got home. I have advanced task killer installed but don't use it because that killed the battery life having the programs restart themselves.

And now the battery life has increased by days all on its own apparently. Makes me feel /

Any theories???

(sidebar: anyone know offhand if I can add a second exchange email account using the stock email program?)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just read the pinned thread about battery life improving. Maybe my battery has gotten "trained"? The phone charges way faster now than when I first got it. However the increase in battery life seems sudden.

that's funny because my phone is going the other way; i've noticed dramatic battery life decrease.

everything was normal after the VB update, but just the last few days i've noticed my battery draining at an alarming rate while not even using the phone.

thought maybe it was some neww apps i downloaded but i've since removed them, rebooted the phone and closed all uneccesary apps and services.

anyone else having a similar issue?

battery recharges quickly with no issues, which i'm doing now.

i'll keep ya's posted on how much it decreases throughout the day.
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

A S, that's what a lot of folks experience, but a lot depends on the phones usage. I still cycle the battery, and have had good luck with it.

Mine had awesome battery life for three straight days last week. But since then, it's back to normal not-so-great battery life.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links