New Verizon Data Plan

This is a discussion on New Verizon Data Plan within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; On Oct 28, Verizon is expected to announce a new data plan but they are giving us the choice to switch or not switch. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Data Plan

On Oct 28, Verizon is expected to announce a new data plan but they are giving us the choice to switch or not switch.

The new plan is only $15 for 150 MB. Each additional MB will be 10 cents.

If you use less than 300 MB a month, it would be a good choice to switch. Since 300 MB would still equal the $30 we are currently paying.

However, if you use more than that, it would be wise to not switch. My last bill showed my data usage at 895 MB. If I switched, I would have to pay $90.
    Motorola Droid 4

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Interesting. I'll have to check my usage at the end of the month. Trying to figure out how much I used last month but trying to find that on the VZW website has gotten me nowhere so far.

They need to introduce better voice plans. I have to pay $60 for 450 mins and I'm probably on the phone 30 mins a month.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Click on View Bill.

Click on Bill Summary.

Click on the + next to Data.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'm with you about not switching, I checked mine and would be right around the $90 mark as well with that pricing. I'm almost certain that's a very big part of why they've decided to switch the plans on us. I'm considering attempting to manage mine a bit. Main thing I use that eats it up is the streaming music, that won't likely change until rhapsody gives us the ability to install to sd or something. Last FM has a lot of music that is really difficult to find in the states. I'm weird for listening to so much World music I guess, idk. But I've gotten accustomed to it and have no intention of changing it at this point.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

So I'm confused about this switch. Am I reading this correctly in assuming that I can still use unlimited data for $30 a month?

Yes, Verizon will not change your current plan unless you want them to.

However, in the past, if you made any changes to your plan or upgraded your phone, they will try to switch it at that time.
    Motorola Droid 4

Well my last months bill showed 1.7GB so this new plan is certainly not for me.... I stream Slacker and Shoutcast pretty much every day.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Click on View Bill.

Click on Bill Summary.

Click on the + next to Data.

Yeah but that shows for the current cycle which is only a few days old for me. I'm trying to check my old statement. I found a page that let me check all kind of old usage statistics for voice minutes like most called number, etc etc, but for data I can't find how much I used last month. I'll just stick with my unlimited for now.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Mine comes up with October 10th which is when my billing cycle ends and a new one starts. It shows everything from Sept 10 to Oct 10 and gives me an option to change to older bill cycles.
    Motorola Droid 4

There's an app called "3G Watchdog" you can download from the market that keeps track of data use on the phone itself; given a quota and the first day of your billing cycle, it can tell you what percentage of the quota you've used and estimate your total data use for the billing cycle. It can also lurk in your notification bar and provides a widget.

I used around 2 GiB last cycle, so no $15 plan for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links